Ok, drum rollllllll please! Chocolate Banana Muffins are the ‘hot-diggity bomb’..I’m sayin‘. Banana bread with a ‘twist’ being the muffins are chocolate with bits and chunks of banana and semi-sweet chocolate chips in every bite!
Really easy to make and not a lot of ingredients. Who doesn’t love that? These are super moist and have such a rich chocolatey taste, and I’ll just warn you now…it’s hard to stop eating them once you take that first bite!
Ok…don’t mind me, but I kept finding excuses to be in the kitchen and I just couldn’t stay away from my new sweet best friends.
Warm or room temperature, they are scrumptious. Trust me, I know.
My mom used to bake the old fashioned banana bread with walnuts when we were growing up, so banana bread has always been a family favorite.
These were ideal for sharing at work the next day, so I wouldn’t consume what was left. Just call me Miss Piggy! Also, perfect if you have company coming into town and you want to impress them with your cool baking skills. They taste that good!
It’s awesome with hot chocolate…if so, did you ever dunk the banana bread in the hot chocolate like a donut? Yep…that would be me! Here’s the recipe for Chocolate Banana Muffins!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 very very ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tin with papers or grease muffin pan.
- In large bowl, mash bananas to your liking. (I like it chunky!)
- Add oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs to bananas and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, soda and cocoa powder together and add wet mixture slowly beating gently.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. (Should be a thick batter.)
- Spoon batter into prepared cups or muffin tin.6) Bake in preheated oven from 15 – 20 minutes. (You can touch tops and see if done, or insert toothpick and if it comes out clean.)
- Cool slightly and transfer to wire rack.
Eat them warm or cold, either as a snack, or if you prefer with hot chocolate, coffee or a tall glass of milk. Enjoy!
Here’s more muffin recipes that’ll get ya going!