These no bake OMG Honey Chex Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are outrageously yummy sweet treats and easy to make! They're delicious, crunchy bars made with a peanut butter and honey based layer and honey sweetened chex cereal, then it's topped with a rich milk chocolate peanut butter ganache. Gluten-free too!
And I like to call them a.k.a "can't resist bars", because eating more than just one will not happen, when you take that first unforgiving bite. Been there, done that...
I love sweets, but sometimes too sweet, isn't my thing, so I won't over-indulge, but I'll give it a try, right? Well, duh!! ...But, in this case, the overly sweet is enriching to me because I think it has all the perfect balances working together.
The melted peanut butter, salt and honey gets all intertwined in all those little crevices of the honey chex. YUM!
These aren't made with corn syrup, like a lot of no-bake recipes use, because corn syrup is a preferred glue to keep the bars together, (and you can use corn syrup, if you wish in this recipe) but your favorite local honey does the trick very well indeed and I prefer using alternatives to corn syrup wherever I can.
I just used ½ the amount from the original recipe called for and the bars held together well and we've cut out a lot of sugar by reducing the sugar by a ½ cup, so how about that? That always makes me feel a little better after the fact. *LOL*
Also adding peanut butter to the milk chocolate ganache gives it a nice touch.
The bars are great without the chocolate peanut butter ganache. It's just a preference, right?
If you are a no-bake lover, you'll love these
These are gluten-free and delicious. These are perfect portable treats for travel, kid snacking and parties when you want to please a crowd. 32 bars of utter deliciousness & gluten-free! You're welcome!
OMG Honey Chex Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Honey Chex Bars
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt If you like saltier, use ½ teaspoon
- 5 ½ cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips or 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter either unsalted or salted can be used
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Can also line with parchment paper or tin foil for easy removal and easier cutting into bars, spry with cooking spray.
- Peanut Butter Honey Chex Bars
- Using large microwaveable bowl, mix together the honey and sugar on High 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture just begins to boil.
- Add in peanut butter and salt and mix well.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press mixture firmly into pan to even them out as much as possible.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on High 1 minute and mix until mixture is smooth and pourable. Spread evenly on top of bars.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into 32 bars.