Heavenly Frosted Banana Bars have just the right amount of ingredients, which makes it so hard to resist all those wonderful mellow tones of banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, vanilla and cream cheese frosting....awe yum!
Same ole' story...ripe bananas need to be used. BOOM! They wanted to be used, so I used them good. And might I say...even they would like the outcome. I did you proud bananas with my Frosted Banana Bars!
Long story short?
I gobbled them up like nobody's business. No wonder my husband was like..."You're eating them again?" Umm...Crap! *Busted again Folks!* (I highly think he needs to stay out of my biz...ya know?)
The really creamy, divine cream cheese frosting paired with light and fluffy banana bars is freakin' ducky! 🙂 If you don't know what 'ducky' is? It means, it's all good! Kind of an old school adjective that a friend I used to work with said all the time.
So...It's not too over the top rich, and it's the perfect snacking bars for afternoon. The cake bars have a sponge-like texture. These banana bars remind me of Twinkies only wayyyyy better! (And without all the preservatives!)
Double the recipe of this Heavenly Frosted Banana Bars and you get a nice large sheet cake for large gatherings. Perfectly acceptable for breakfast or as I like to think, anytime 24/7.
So who's ready for a slice of heaven or two? Hope you enjoy! Happy Baking.
More Banana Desserts!
- Starbuck's Banana Bread
- cEasy No-Bake Banana Cream Pie
- dDouble Chocolate Banana Bread
- cPerfect Banana Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- dPerfect Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! Fluffy & Moist!
Heavenly Frosted Banana Bars
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- *1 - 2 medium ripe mashed bananas depending on how much banana flavor you want-I used 1
- 4 oz . cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup butter soft
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Heavy cream if you want it more creamy
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Using mixer, cream sugar, butter and eggs.
- Add in yogurt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, then add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in ripe mashed banana.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking pan lined with tin foil, leaving sides higher on opposite sides to pull out of pan easily or grease pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together, then spread over cooled cake.
- Cut and serve, then keep remainder cake bars in refrigerater.
Crazy for Bananas? You are going to love these!
Want to swoon over 100’s of Amazing & Awe-Inspiring Dessert Round-Ups? Check out all these Yummy Round-Ups!!