We're summer lovin' on this Ultimate Strawberry Shortcake Tiramisu big time! Strawberry shortcake is a dessert favorite that never ever gets old.
There are a lot of different variations of shortcake out there in the world and we love them all! No snobbiness here. Join me?
Scrumptious layers of some type of cake, scone or biscuit, macerated strawberries, and homemade whipped cream or ice cream makes this undeniably delicious!
We decided to go the tiramisu route using lady finger biscuits. Tiramisu makes a fantastic finale to any meal, don't you agree? You can use whatever juice, liquer, syrup or milk you wish when basting the biscuits. Give RumChata a try if you're wanting a rum soaked cake. Delicious right? 🙂
As said, we are using ladyfingers for the base, but you could substitute Old-Fashioned Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Pound Cake or buy an already prepared angel food cake. Of course, there is the option you can layer this with graham crackers too. Just omit the dipping process, if you switch it up.
Our version of this classic Italian dessert is made with dipped ladyfinger cookies layered with creamy, fluffy mascarpone whipped cream filling, sliced fresh strawberries and topped with a layer of whipped cream and more strawberries in every decadent bite.
More Layered Desserts!
Ultimate Strawberry Shortcake Tiramisu
INGREDIENTS for layers:
- 12-15 ladyfingers
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup RumChata or orange juice lemonade or milk or any kind of liqueur or juice you want to use (can also use strawberry or flavored syrups) Just need something wet for it to soak through the cake. The biscuits should be hard, not soft when starting or they end up mushy, unless you are eating right away.
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 cup or 4 oz. cool whip or ½ cup whipping cream + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar whipped to make whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
INGREDIENTS for layers:
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add in the softened mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until stiff, set aside
- Line the ladyfingers in a single layer, in the bottom of 8x8 baking dish
- Quickly dip or generously brush half of the ladyfingers with half of the RumChata, juice or milk.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers and layer with half of the sliced strawberries
- Repeat the steps again.
- Cover with cool whip and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight
- Garnish with 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Enjoy Summer lovin'!