Join me for this summer-inspired layered Blueberry Cream Cheesecake Lasagna! It fits in perfectly with the summer season of favorite desserts, when everyone is craving luscious blueberries.
This Blueberry Cream Cheesecake Lasagna is assembled in an 8×8 baking pan. It starts with a base ladyfinger cookies, blueberry filling then layers of creamy cheesecake mousse filling and more blueberry filling. Topped with whipped cream and white chocolate it’s perfect for summer inspiration.
This blueberry delight will appeal to all ages. It’s simple, yet it’s distinguished enough to serve at any elegant dinner party.
You can take shortcuts and buy already prepared blueberry filling or you can make it with fresh or frozen berries as noted in the recipe. You can make your own whipped cream or use prepared whipped cream, like Cool Whip.
I used ladyfingers for the base, but you could use a layer of this Old-Fashioned Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Pound Cake or buy an already prepared angel food cake as the base. Of course, there is the option you can layer this with graham crackers too.
Here’s what this Blueberry Cream Cheesecake Lasagna is layered with:
- Ladyfinger cookies
- A sweet blueberry filling layer
- A creamy cheesecake mousse filling layer
- A whipped cream layer
- Finely chopped white chocolate chips or chocolate curls
If you’re not a fan of blueberries, substitute your favorite fruit filling by using what you’d like, and the same with the home-made filling; use the same amount of fruit measurement and prepare as directed.
Blueberry Cream Cheesecake Lasagna
- Lady Finger Cookies pound cake or angel food cake slices, graham crackers
- 2 cups whipped topping 1 cup of whipping cream will make 2 cups of fresh whipped cream
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Optional: 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lemon extract or vanilla extract
Blueberry Pie Filling Filling:
- 1 ½ cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or water
Whipped cream Layer:
- 2 cups whipped topping 1 cup of whipping cream will make 2 cups of fresh whipped cream plus add ⅓ cup of powdered sugar for stabilization when whipping together
- Finely chopped White Chocolate Chips or Curls (Best if finely chopped and not coarsely chopped chocolate chips because of the creamy textures in the dessert.)
- If you aren’t using prepared Blueberry Pie Filling Filling, here’s how to make the home-made version.
Blueberry Pie Filling Filling:
- In a medium saucepan, place 1 ½ cups of frozen or fresh blueberries, ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons lemon juice or water and bring berries to boil over medium-high heat. Let simmer 4-8 minutes until thickened and remove from heat to cool down and place in fridge until ready to use. Will continue to thicken as it cools down as well.
- Whip together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and extract until smooth and blended. Add whipped topping and mix together well, but don’t overbeat. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Place layer of Ladyfinger cookies, pound cake or angel food cake slices or graham crackers on bottom of 8x8 pan.
- Add ½ of the blueberry filling on top of the base layer and spread out.
- Scoop the cheesecake filling on top of the blueberry layer and spread out evenly.
- Add remainder of blueberry filling on top of cheesecake filling and swirl through the cheese or spread out.
- Add whipped topping and layer on top of the blueberry layer and spread out.
- Place 8x8 pan in fridge covered and store overnight.
- Add some chopped white chocolate chips or curls if you wish right before serving if desired.
- If you’re using ladyfinger cookies, they are hard and need to soak overnight in the dessert to give them that lovely soft and fluffy texture. If you need to hurry this along further you could dip in milk of choice very quickly and layer in pan. Do not soak the ladyfingers more than a few seconds or they will get mushy.
- Slice and serve.