Are you ready to party this New Year’s? I’ve got a smashing idea! Ring in the New Year with this ‘Confetti’ Party Blast Cookie Pie!
This ‘sweet’ cookie pie is adorned with Reese’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, Ghiradelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips, Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Confetti Party Sprinkles galore!
Is this not cute, fun, adorable…want me to go on? (Because I totally could.) And it’s fairly easy to make. This is some really ‘good stuff Maynard’!
I love cookie pies, but sometimes they can be a little dry, so when you find a good recipe, stick to the basic recipe and modify your goodies.
Unless you over-bake this, (don’t do that) you will have a super, moist cookie pie and Pssst…you don’t even have to add the frosting if you are concerned with ‘extra’ calories. But, I like the frosting added, giving it a wonderful celebration party effect.
And those sprinkles!! That’s the crown jewel! Party has started! ‘Confetti’ Party Blast Cookie Pie has entered the building! Now you can get your own party started and enjoy the goods!
Here’s the recipe, Happiest of New Years to you and your families! 🙂
'Confetti' Party Blast Cookie Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 large pinches of salt omit salt, if you use salted butter
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 8- 12 Mini Reese’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting w/option to add more sprinkles
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- Optional: 1/2 cup sprinkles
Lastly and most importantly
- Assorted confetti sprinkles for top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch pie dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the sugars and melted butter on medium speed until well combined.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture until well combined.
- Using a large wooden spoon, fold in the all the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Transfer the batter out into the prepared pie dish and smooth out the top.
- Evenly space out the 8 Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups around the cookie pie edge about an inch in from the edge and lightly push them in, with tops still exposed. If you are adding more cups, just add them within the circle of cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cookie pie to cool completely before frosting. (If you are not frosting, just add your sprinkles to the top as desired. If you want to just do a frosting border instead of doing the frosting the whole pie, just halve the frosting measurements.)
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Using a mixer, beat 1 cup softened butter, 3 1/2 to 4 cups confectioners sugar, 2 pinches of salt, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1-3 tablespoons milk until desired consistency.
- Optional: Add in about 1/2 cup sprinkles and fold in.
- Frost center of cookie and pipe border on top of cookie pie and add sprinkles and decorate as desired.
Read more at http://www.ghirardelli.com/60-cacao-bittersweet-chocolate-baking-chips.html#bz6PlsCjReloE7V0.99
For border, I just snipped a hole in a large ziplock bag and piped some round balls around the cookie twice.