Heyyyy! Does anything sound more tempting than these Oreo Stuffed Brownies with Oreo Vanilla Frosting at this moment in time, now that they’ve got your attention? 🙂
I’ve had some Double Stuf Oreos tucked away and surprisingly they’ve made it untouched until this recipe. That is a miracle in itself around here, but whatever works!
Unfortunately for my family, I’ve had to resort to putting the smack-down around here, or there would be no recipes to share here. 🙂
So, around our house, if you find something that might be used in cookies, brownies or desserts, before indulging, you might want to ask before proceeding to eat. Just for precautionary measures, mind you. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
Anyways, back to the Star of the brownie show! These brownie beauties are bursting with Oreo cookie love in every bite.
These Oreo-stuffed fudgy brownies are rich and decadent and the vanilla frosting on top, mimics the Oreo frosting found in the middle of Oreo cookies and then there are more Oreo cookies loaded on top with a chocolate ganache drizzle.
Pretty much Oreo Brownie Heaven, if you ask me…these Oreo Stuffed Brownies with Oreo Vanilla Frosting.
What’s a girl to do?
Eat ’em. Eat ’em like a Rock Star!
Oreo Stuffed Brownies with Oreo Vanilla Frosting
Oreo Stuffed Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8-10 Oreo cookies chopped or broken up into quarters.
Oreo Vanilla Frosting
- 2 tablespoons shortening like Crisco
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- 6-8 Oreo cookies chopped or broken into quarters
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8x8 pan, covering pan with aluminum foil, then lightly grease foil.
- Melt butter in saucepan on lowest setting until melted.
- Add chocolate chips to melted butter, whisking until melted. Turn off heat and let sit.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a large whisk, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar and salt to the eggs and whisk until just incorporated.
- Whisk the melted chocolate, then add into egg mixture and whisk until combined. Whisk in vanilla.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder over brownie batter and stir in with silicone spatula or whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading out with spatula.
- Press chopped Oreos into batter.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes depending on size pan. Check center doneness by inserting a toothpick until it comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to cooling and rack and let cool. Place in fridge to speed up process, 15 minutes after taking out of oven. (Brownies and cakes are easiest to frost when refrigerated and are cold.)
Oreo Vanilla Frosting
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening together, then add in marshmallow cream, confectioners sugar, vanilla and salt and beat together on low increasing speed until smooth.
- Dollop frosting over brownies and spread out using a small spatula.
- Place chopped Oreos on top of frosting.
- Using microwave, melt chocolate and butter together in 30 second increments until melted. Spoon chocolate into a plastic bag, snip a small hole in corner of bag and squeeze ganache all over the cookies and frosting or just use a spoon and drizzle.
- Let brownies set and cut into squares and serve. Leftovers should be sealed.
More Brownies We Love