Would ya check out those creamy, chocolate hazelnut swirls baked into that red velvet cookie pizza! *ShaZam!* This fun Valentine Red Velvet Party Blast Cookie Pie is definitely party-worthy and drool-worthy at the same time!
Not that creamy, fudgy Nutella swirls aren't impressive and looking all gorgeous up in that, but celebrating for Valentine's, I fancied the border up just a bit with some home-made, luscious Strawberry Buttercream Frosting and then added some popular Valentine candies. (You can dress it up or down, it's mouth-watering either way.)
You can always substitute a cream cheese frosting or a canned frosting, if you want to cut some corners. There's even a secret to this red velvet madness! I'm using a red-velvet cake mix...shhh! No one needs to know, but even if they do? I'm sure you won't get any complaints!
Wait until they taste it! It's very easy to make and you will in no way disappoint your party friends. This Valentine Red Velvet Party Blast Cookie Pie is one real sweet deal.
Here's the recipe! Happy Partying!
Valentine Red Velvet Party Blast Cookie Pizza
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- ½ cup Nutella
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- ¼ cup Strawberry jam or preserves microwave for 2 - 3 minutes, boil to reduce and let cool
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Optional: Red Food coloring
Assorted Valentine Candies
- I used Cherry Sours Valentine Hearts, Strawberry M&Ms and some Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven 350 and grease 8 or 9 inch pie pan or baking pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Using mixer, mix together the cake mix, eggs, butter and maple syrup or vanilla until just combined. Batter will be very sticky and quite thick.
- Dump into baking pan and spread out. I used parchment paper to spread it out by pressing down and out to level out the dough.
- Microwave Nutella for 1-2 minutes until melted and place 5 - 6 globs on top of dough.
- Using a knife swirl the Nutella around to create swirls.
- Place in oven and let baking 25-30 minutes, don't overbake.
- ¼ cup Strawberry jam or preserves, microwave for 3-4 minutes, boil to reduce and let cool.
- Using mixer, beat butter until very light and fluffy.
- Mix in cooled strawberry syrup, powdered sugar and salt until desired consistency. Add food coloring if you want more pink color. I chose to keep it pale.
- Add more powdered sugar or some milk if you need to thicken or thin.
- Frost or pipe border around the cookie pizza.
- Place candies on top of frosting as desired.
Red Velvet Lover? Here's some more for your Red Velvet pleasure!