These scrumptious Awesome Scotcheroo Puppy Chow Bars are so much fun and so easy to make for any occasion!
They are a pleasing mashup of Puppy Chow and Scotcheroos made with butterscotch, chocolate, peanut butter, rice chex cereal and rice krispies with a generous dusting of powdered sugar on top. They are incredibly delicious and way too hard to resist!
So, let’s recap! Puppy chow is basically a chocolate peanut butter cereal treat that is covered in powdered sugar and it’s always a hit!
Scotcheroos are dessert bars with chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies. YUM!
See the mashup? Two of our favorite no bake desserts remixed for your sweet treat pleasure. Thank you!
The whole family will love these and once you make them, they’re going to request them often! And because they are so easy to make, you will be totally ok with granting their requests.
These will be perfect for your 4th of July celebration, bbqs, camping trips, potlucks, game-days, weekend getaways, holidays and of course, our favorite, snacking, because we love sweet snacks!
Love no bake desserts? They are amazing!
Awesome Scotcheroo Puppy Chow Bars
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup powdered sugar sift if needed
- Line a 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in microwave until melted in 30 second increments. Add in peanut butter and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal & rice chex until it’s evenly coated with chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in miniature marshmallows.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of krispie treats evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares and serve at room temperature.