Oh Hello??! Can you believe we are in October already?
Woot! Woot! My favorite holiday is coming up! I love, love, love Halloween! 👿
Looking for an easy Halloween party snack to make that is easy to throw together?
O Snap!!! This puppy chow is your ticket and it is way addicting!
(You were fore-warned, my friend...when.you.take.that.first.sample.taste.you'll.be.hooked.toldya.)
The base of the puppy chow mix on the corn chex consists of peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips, basking in powdered sugar. Umm...that works for me!
I'm not a candy corn person, but have you tried the White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms? They are amazing! I would definitely encourage you to buy them and try them. I will definitely buy them again, in fact I looked for them at the store tonight and couldn't find them!! *Panic*
This Halloween 'Party' Puppy Chow would be great for a slumber party or while watching scary movies. Give as a gift or treat the host, for any Halloween parties you might be attending.
Party on Frankenstein! Party on Dracula! Get your munchie fix here, little monsters!
Halloween 'Party' Puppy Chow!
- 9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups candy corn I made my own mix - Caramel Macchiato candy corn,regular candy corn & pumpkins - ½ cup of each
- 1 ½ cups White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms
- 1 ½ cups Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 1 ½ cups pretzels any shape you prefer
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together on high for one minute.
- Stir and return to microwave, microwaving in 30 second increments until melted together and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat. (I used a couple of plastic baggies on my hands to toss the cereal in the mixture so I didn't crush it.)
- Pour cereal in a large zip lock bag, add in powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated.
- Spread cereal out on to wax paper and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine candy corn mixture, Candy Corn M&Ms, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, pretzels, peanuts and mini marshmallows and add the cereal mixture in and mix together carefully .
- Store in an air-tight container.
Want some more party ideas?