Celebrate Halloween in 'party' mode with this yummy, addictive munchie, crunchy corn Chex puppy chow drenched with chocolate and peanut butter flavors, partied up with a Halloween candy mix, pretzels and peanuts! Party on Frankenstein! Party on Dracula! Get your munchie fix here, little monsters!
Looking for an easy Halloween party snack to make that is easy to throw together?
O Snap!!! This puppy chow is your ticket and it is way addicting! (You were fore-warned, my friend...totally addicting!)
That's because the base of the puppy chow mix on the corn Chex consists of peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips, basking in powdered sugar. Umm...that works for me! Then we added in some white chocolate candy corn m&m's, candy corn treats, peanut butter cups, pretzels, peanuts and marshmallows! YUM!!!
I'm not a candy corn person, but have you tried the White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms? They are amazing! I would definitely encourage you to buy them and try them. I will definitely buy them again, in fact I looked for them at the store tonight and couldn't find them!! *Panic*
This Halloween 'Party' Puppy Chow would be great for a slumber party or while watching scary movies. Give as a gift or treat the host, for any Halloween parties you might be attending. Let's party!!
More Halloween Party Treats!
Halloween 'Party' Puppy Chow!
- 9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups candy corn I made my own mix - Caramel Macchiato candy corn,regular candy corn & pumpkins - ½ cup of each
- 1 ½ cups White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms
- 1 ½ cups Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 1 ½ cups pretzels any shape you prefer
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together on high for one minute.
- Stir and return to microwave, microwaving in 30 second increments until melted together and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat. (I used a couple of plastic baggies on my hands to toss the cereal in the mixture so I didn't crush it.)
- Pour cereal in a large zip lock bag, add in powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated.
- Spread cereal out on to wax paper and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine candy corn mixture, Candy Corn M&Ms, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, pretzels, peanuts and mini marshmallows and add the cereal mixture in and mix together carefully .
- Store in an air-tight container.