Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus, right down Reindeer Lane!
Santa’s gearing up for that special night before Christmas and do you know what snack Reindeer love the most?
Santa’s Yummy Reindeer Chow!!
They only get it on that magical night on Christmas Eve because it’s addicting as hell. And if he gave it to the reindeer all the time, they probably wouldn’t be able to fly like they do.
(Shhhh….Don’t tell anyone, but Santa eats it all the time, so that might explain why he looks like he does, ya think?)
But since it’s a very special time of the year, Santa whips up his own special concoction of Santa’s Yummy Reindeer Chow for his beloved Reindeer and it makes them jump for major glee–like over-the-world glee!
Reindeer are awesome, don’t you think? Rudolph, of course, is the most famous; then you have Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. A very magical team, for a very magical night.
To get in that magical mood, you can make these in a flash and promptly, give them away as gifts, Christmas party-time or movie-time watching Rudolph and all your favorite Christmas shows or Hallmark Channel, my personal favorite.
Some other snacky stuff you might like for the holidays that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Here’s the recipe for Santa’s Reindeer Chow from Santa, himself!
Santa's Reindeer Chow
- 6 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 - 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 - 2 cups Whoppers
- 1 -2 cups salted mini pretzels
- 1 bag Red and Green M&M's
- Pour cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together either in the microwave or stove-top and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal and gently fold until coated.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together, until mixed well.
- Dump powdered sugar into a large plastic bag and add cereal mixture and shake until covered.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet to let cool.
- Mix in marshmallows, Whoppers, pretzels, M&M's and enjoy!