Cream Cheese Frosted Red Velvet Cookie Bars (of Deliciousness) is what red velvet dessert dreams are made of.
Does it appear these devilish, ruby red velvet cookie bars are tempting us so, and then, even more with that smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting settling in quite comfortably, like they were made for each other?
Or am I seeing things?
Is that why these cookie bars are channeling a truly, yummy Valentine’s Day dessert delight that could be the way to swoon your lover in to anything you could ever want and desire for the day? Maybe longer?…
I think these might just do the trick. Pssst….You’re welcome!
I mean, these are pretty much screaming ‘LOVE!’, in a good way and they’ve got that ‘sexy’ deep red, romantic color going on! Yowza!
Plus, you can never go wrong with home-baked goodies. EVER.
You’ll be happy to know, these are pretty easy to make, in case the word “Red Velvet” scares the bajesus out of you.
Been there, done that. Did it, feel better.
I always bought/and still buy the Red Velvet cake mix to make bars, cakes and cookies and let’s face it, they’re so convenient, always in the pantry, ya know?
BUT.…I just think for the occasion, these bars are really stunning, beautiful and they taste incredibly yummy. Like *roll your eyes back in your head* yummy.
Red Velvet is also popular & trendy for so many other holidays too, like Christmas, 4th of July, Mother’s Day, birthdays and anything you want the color ‘RED’ to pop in.
You’re gonna go weak in the knees, my friend. Sassy, sexy, and luscious all rolled into Cream Cheese Frosted Red Velvet Cookie Bars (of Deliciousness)...ohhh yeaaaah!
Let’s rock ‘n roll this!
More Red Velvet creations that make us go weak at the knees
This post contains affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, I may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you. I used red gel food coloring that I purchase from Amazon in this kit. The color is vibrant and does not add a funky flavor. You can buy them separately or in sets.
Cream Cheese Frosted Red Velvet Cookie Bars (of Deliciousness)
Red Velvet Cookie Bars:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or chocolate extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Red Food Coloring or when using Liquid Gel Dye or Gel Paste Dye start with small amounts since it’s so concentrated to get desired color
- 1/3 cup unsweetened premium cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese softened I used 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, using mixer, cream together butter and sugar for approx. 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla/chocolate extract, and red food gel/color and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- Mix until fully incorporated then spread batter evenly in pan. I used a butter knife to spread it, the dough is stiff and sticky.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes. I tend to under-bake cookie bars, so at 18 minutes, they are still cooking when you take them out of the oven, which give you really fudgy red velvet bars after they set up while they are cooling. I would not bake over 22 minutes if you don't want a fudgy cookie bar, but still want a decent moist bar. 🙂
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In large bowl, using a mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 of the powdered sugar, mix in, then add the remainder with the salt and vanilla and continue mixing until combined. Add more or less powdered sugar, as desired for consistency purposes.
- Spread frosting onto the cooled red velvet cookie bars.
- Sprinkles acceptable.Cut and serve
Recipe modified from Modern Honey’s Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars