These rich, cream cheese frosted decadent red velvet brownies are made with home-made love, waiting to be kissed by your lips! These are a Valentine's Day sweet treat sure to get some attention!
Whoa...Is that a little too forward? Sorry! I can't help myself!
I go crazy when brownies are baking in the oven! And these, my red velvet lovelies are perfect to serve for Valentine's Day or anytime you get the urge for a twist on brownies!
You'll love how these brownies are completely over the top!
Made with highest quality ingredients like Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and Land O'Lakes Unsalted Butter. The cream cheese frosting is so creamy and delish!
The lovely red-hue of the of milk-chocolate based brownies make these brownies pop with red gorgeous color. If you don't want to use red food coloring, you can always leave it out. The high quality butter and chocolate gives it that coveted shiny sheen on top. Yum!
Do you want a bite? (because who doesn't love butter and chocolate, right?)
Kidding aside, You can make these in an 8x8, 9x9 or 9x13 pan. I made these in an 8x8 and got 9 very large brownies. If you want to get adventurous, you can also cut out brownie hearts by using a heart-shaped cookie cutter after the brownies have been well chilled.
Red velvet and cream cheese together is a match made in heaven we absolutely love! Take these red velvet brownies to the party! Everyone will love!! Kiss! Kiss!
More Red Velvet Treats
- Red Velvet Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Dreamy Red Velvet Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- Valentine Red Velvet Party Blast Cookie Pie
- Red Velvet Luv Truffles
- Red Velvet Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting (Of course)
- "American Beauty" Retro Red Velvet Cake
'Kiss Me' Red Velvet Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies
- 2 ¼ sticks unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 3 ½ cups Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 5 large eggs room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil and very lightly grease the foil with vegetable shortening, like crisco.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over your lowest setting, then add the milk chocolate chips stirring constantly with a small whisk until melted and smooth.
- Turn off heat and let set.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs into the bowl and lightly whisk.
- In another bowl, add in the sugars and salt and whisk together.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until just combined.
- Briefly whisk in the vanilla and red food coloring.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and sift into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir with a silicone spatula and pour and spread out evenly into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and transfer pan to cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate, covered until cooled to frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place cream cheese, butter and salt in small mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat on medium high until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add confectioners sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Frost and add a Dove Candy Chocolate Heart in the center of each piece and add sprinkles.
- Place back in fridge until ready and let them come to room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Can be stored up to 2 weeks.
I adapted this recipe from this cookbook, Extreme Brownies by Connie Weis.