Kiss me with these decadent, love-struck Cream Cheese Frosted Red Velvet Brownies!
Whoa…Is that a little too forward? Sorry! I can’t help myself!
I go crazy when brownies are baking in the oven! And these, my lovelies are perfect to serve for Valentine’s Day.
Affiliate links are used in this post with products I truly love!
These particular red velvet brownies are very rich, chewy, moist, dense and completely over the top! They are made with highest quality ingredients like Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and Land O’Lakes Unsalted Butter.
The chocolate is superb, and the lovely red-hue of the of milk-chocolate based brownies make these brownies pop with gorgeous color. If you don’t use red food coloring, you can always leave it out. The high quality butter gives it that coveted shiny sheen on top. Yum!
Do you want a bite? (because who doesn’t love butter and chocolate, right?)
I adapted this recipe from this cookbook, Extreme Brownies by Connie Weis.
You can make these in an 8×8, 9×9 or 9×13 pan. I made these in an 8×8 and got 9 very large brownies. You could also cut out brownie hearts by using a heart-shaped cookie cutter after the brownies have been well chilled.
For more Red Velvet treats, try these Red Velvet Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting and this easy Nutella swirled Valentine Red Velvet Party Blast Cookie Pie and these Oreo Red Velvet Tuxedo Brownies!
Are you ready to make these ‘Kiss Me’ Red Velvet Brownies for that someone special? Psst…You can totally be the ‘someone special’!! Why not? 🙂 Great for parties too!
'Kiss Me' Red Velvet Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies
- 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 3 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 5 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil and very lightly grease the foil with vegetable shortening, like crisco.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over your lowest setting, then add the milk chocolate chips stirring constantly with a small whisk until melted and smooth.
- Turn off heat and let set.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs into the bowl and lightly whisk.
- In another bowl, add in the sugars and salt and whisk together.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until just combined.
- Briefly whisk in the vanilla and red food coloring.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and sift into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir with a silicone spatula and pour and spread out evenly into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and transfer pan to cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate, covered until cooled to frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place cream cheese, butter and salt in small mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat on medium high until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add confectioners sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Frost and add a Dove Candy Chocolate Heart in the center of each piece and add sprinkles.
- Place back in fridge until ready and let them come to room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Can be stored up to 2 weeks.