Traditionally speaking, pumpkin anything with cream cheese frosting on top of it or in it, is totally acceptable in my book. The flavors are mellow, yet exquisite! You get happy explosions of yumminess from the texture and spices in the pumpkin cupcakes and the creamy vanilla cream cheese frosting when they are together! These Plush Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting are perfect for the fall season!
I'll give you some ChocolaTess Trivia on Pumpkin!
Did you know consuming more iron from plant sources such as pumpkin, appear to promote fertility for women, according Harvard Medical School's Harvard Health Publications.
That is, if you're trying to have a 'little peanut', you might want to stock up on pumpkin, right? It can't hurt! The vitamin A in pumpkin is consumed as beta-carotene then converted to vitamin A in the body. It is also essential during pregnancy and lactation for hormone structure. Who knew? 🙂
Pumpkin is one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant giving orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color.
For even more benefits, check out this informative All the Powerful Health Benefits from Eating Pumpkin and see for yourself how pumpkins rate as a superfood!
These pumpkin cupcakes are so plush and luscious. Besides a whole can of pumpkin, they have pumpkin spice pudding in them too! Plush Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting are perfect anytime, anywhere! These are excellent without the frosting as well and yields 24 cupcakes! Here's the recipe, enjoy that Beta-Carotene!
More Delish Pumpkin Desserts!
Plush Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Plush Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 4-serving size package pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup almond milk milk or water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the cupcakes, using a mixer, on low speed, beat the pumpkin, cake mix, pudding, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into 24 lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting.
- If you want to make these more spiced, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the pumpkin cupcake mix.
If you are piping frosting, you may want to double the frosting recipe.