This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended.
Peppermint Crunch Buttercream Marshmallow Brownies…where have you been all my life? OK, OK…maybe you haven’t been around, because you haven’t been invented yet, until now!
This has layers of the really good stuff, like rich, lush chocolate-y brownies, bursting with Ghiradelli Limited Edition Chocolate Peppermint Baking Chunks, fluffy, gooey marshmallow, melty chunks of Ghirardelli Christmas Limited Edition Peppermint Bark Squares, and lastly, a heavenly layer of cream cheese buttercream frosting with random sprinkles of crushed peppermint.
Uhh…yea…layers of really good stuff!! OMGosh! 🙂
Can you tell I’m on a peppermint obsession right now!? *duh…*
Maybe because of these Christmas Peppermint Chunk M&M’S Fudge Cookies and these Triple Chocolate Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies….OH and this Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse Pie! All yummy and festive and peppermint infused!
BTW…if you just want to use just the peppermint bark or just the white chocolate peppermint baking chunks, you could just use one kind of chocolate in these brownies and not both like I did.
- If you like more chocolate flavor, then go for the peppermint bark only.
- If you like white chocolate more, use the peppermint baking chunks only.
- If you like a combo, like the pictures, then go for it!
And…to give it that pop of color, I just had to add in some pink gel for a festive Christmas feel, because I love PINK! <3
Other options too…
- If you don’t have the peppermint bark or peppermint white chocolate chunks, you can always just use white chocolate chips, chocolate chips or none at all.
- If peppermint isn’t your thing, but marshmallow, buttercream frosting and chocolate is, you can add Christmas sprinkles for a decorative touch and color the frosting a light green or white. 🙂
These truly taste amazing and really hard to stay out of.
Have I told you Marshmallow and brownies make me giddy? I can’t even explain it…can you blame me? Do you have the same feelings? Can you relate? Please tell me I’m not alone?
The cream cheese buttercream frosting just takes it to another dimension, it’s like a Peppermint Meltaway type of frosting with the peppermint included.
One more tip..ha! It’s important to remember that your brownies need to be cooled completely before cutting. Particularly gooey marshmallow brownies.
I will put the brownies in the freezer for a little while so the brownies hold together better when cutting. This is a great tip for cutting all bars and brownies as well.
I cut these into 2 inch pieces and got 24 brownie bites and used a 9×13 pan. Let’s rock!
- Brownie Mix for 9x13 pan + ingredients off box
- 1 cup Ghiradelli Limited Edition Chocolate Peppermint Baking Chunks
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 5-6 Ghirardelli Christmas Limited Edition Peppermint Bark Squares broken up
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract not mint
- 3 cups powdered sugar plus more as needed
- Crushed peppermint to sprinkle
- drops of Pink gel food coloring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make brownies as directed on box and add in the Ghiradelli Limited Edition Chocolate Peppermint Baking Chunks and transfer to a 9x13 baking pan lined with non-stick foil and bake. When done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over the brownies. Return to oven for two minutes, just to soften.
Remove from oven and immediately spread the marshmallow over the brownies, carefully.
Sprinkle the broken chunks of Ghirardelli Christmas Limited Edition Peppermint Bark Squares over the marshmallow and let cool. The chocolate will melt into the marshmallow.
Place in fridge until ready to frost.
Using mixer, beat softened butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
Stir in vanilla or peppermint extract, then stir in powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar as needed until frosting is a thick spreadable consistency. Add some pink gel food coloring to give it a pop of color and mix well.
Spread on top of cooled marshmallow layer, then sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.
Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes so the brownies hold together better when cutting.
2 inch brownies make 24 brownies