Christmas is coming…the goose is getting fat! I feel like I’m the goose! Gahhh! I’ve been sampling so many sweets lately, trying a little of this and a little of that and then more…vicious cycle going on over here! Anywhooo….I had an impulsive buy the other day. I spotted Ghirardelli White Chocolate Peppermint Chunks! Are you like soooo jealous? I would be if I were you…
They got together with Christmas M&M’S and Christmas Peppermint Chunk M&M’S Fudge Cookies were born! Hallelujah!
Christmas Peppermint Chunk M&M’S Fudge Cookies are everything you could ever hope for in a festive Christmas cookie! White chocolate peppermint chunks, pretty green and red M&M’S, mini chocolate chips all neatly wrapped in chocolate fudge cookies.
These have just the right hint of peppermint. Nothing too overpowering. The white chocolate chunks have bits of tiny crushed peppermint in them. *Surprise!*
You can add in as many or as little as you like!
These cookies are like a fudgy brownie, but you don’t want to under-bake or over-bake too much. If baked under-done, they will be too fudgy and won’t hold together. If over-baked, you will get something like brownie brittle, I’m guessing.
You can make these jumbo or smaller. I love the jumbo ones! Go figure, but for parties, you might opt to go for the regular cookie size.
If you love pure chocolate explosions of love, you should try these ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies and these OMG! Thick & Chewy Mega ‘Chocolate Fix’ Cookies too! You can never have too many chocolate cookies!
They only require about 15 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to bake! Let’s get to baking!!
Christmas Peppermint Chunk M&M'S Fudge Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet/or 60% bittersweet chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli's
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used black cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 1 cup Ghiradelli Peppermint Chunks
- 3/4 to 1 cup Christmas M&M'S
- *Extra Ghiradelli Peppermint Chunks & Christmas M&M's for top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter for 15 second intervals until just melted, whisking in between each increment, until butter and chocolate are melted and mixture is smooth (like ganache). Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, sugars, cream or milk and vanilla. Add in chocolate mixture and whisk together well.
- Start adding in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of m&m's into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined. Let dough sit for 5 minutes before scooping.
- Using a 1/4 cookie or ice cream scoop, Scoop up 6 cookies onto each of the baking sheets or use small scoop and place 12 on baking sheets. Add M&M'S and peppermint chunks to the tops of the cookies, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes for larger cookies and 12- 14 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Makes 12 Mega Cookies and 24 - 32 small.
- Let cookies cool before transferring to baking rack or counter.
- Seal cookies after they have cooled. Freeze up to 3 months or will keep up to 5 days.
You can also add the peppermint to the top right after they come out of the oven if you don't want browning on your white chocolate.
For more extra peppermint flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.