Hope you all had an awesome Turkey day!
I had a super, awesome time with the Lange family this Thanksgiving, which would be my husband’s dad’s side. Wonderful, wonderful people! They are very special to me and I’m so proud to be a part of the family. We had great delicious food and lots of laughs!
Curious….do you still have your fat pants on?
*Hint* Keep them on!! Tis the season, right?
We got Turtle Caramel Truffle Brownies!
These gooey, fudgy Turtle Truffle Brownies are ultra yummy and drool-worthy.
These purely sinful decadent brownies look and taste like an OMG moment…. Chopped pecans, chunks of luscious Lindt chocolate and caramel on top of fudgy brownies. Oh, and these brownies are stuffed with gooey caramel too.
Ohh hello Hollywood! Show-stopper in in the house! Everybody knows that! Duhhhhhh!
Remember back in the 90’s, everyone said the phrase ‘Duh’? LOL…My go-to favorite word is and probably always will be ‘Whatever’.
I used to have a black t-shirt that had white font lettering that spelled out ‘Whatever’. I was so proud of that shirt because I knew everything at that age, ya know, being a teenager and all. …I don’t know ‘whatever’ happened to it?
I’m positive though, one of my ex boyfriend’s hid it, burned it or gave it to Good-Will, probably wishing secretly, that if they got rid of the evidence, that I would miraculously quit saying ‘whatever’.
Unfortunately, that strategy did not work. ‘Whatever’ can translate into so many meanings, you know? But, since I’m rambling on here, I probably should get back to telling you about these awesome brownies!
Is there somewhere you need to show up at that you want to impress? These do just that! I promise you! You won’t hear ‘whatever’, especially out of me and that would be a guarantee! 🙂
For other brownie recipe ideas, go here!
Hope you enjoy! Here’s the recipe!
Turtle Caramel Truffle Brownies! <3
- 1 pan Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie box mix plus egg, oil & water as directed on box
- OR Fudgy Brownie Recipe
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 caramels, I used Kraft
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dark Dove Chocolate, chopped or your favorite chocolate bar (5 Dove Chocolates)
- 5-6 caramels, I used Kraft
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper or tin foil; spray with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Make brownies as directed on boxed package OR make Fudgy Brownie Recipe:
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large microwaveable glass bowl, and microwave for 15-20 seconds until butter is melted. Mix together with wooden spoon until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- After mixture has cooled slightly, add vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat in until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to batter, and mix together vigorously stirring about 40 strokes until very well combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan, spread out evenly and bake for 8 minutes and prepare the caramel Filling.
- Place 16 caramels in microwavable bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, stir, microwave another 15, stir. Add the cream and stir in until mixed well. If caramel is still not melted, place in microwave 10-15 second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Take brownies out of oven and pour the caramel sauce gently on top of the brownie layer, using a spatula to get all the caramel sauce on those brownies. If caramel sauce is thickened up and not pouring , warm up a 10 seconds or so in microwave.
- Add reserve brownie mix to the top of the brownies. (Tip: If brownies are still warm, they will spread easier over the caramel, so if they aren't, place them in microwave for 15 seconds or so. Get the brownies back in the oven.
- Bake 20 more minutes and take out of oven and place on baking rack. Timing may vary if you use a boxed version, use their timing.
- Add chopped pecans and chopped chocolate to the top of the brownies.
- Place 5-6 caramels in microwavable bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, stir, microwave another 15, stir. Add the cream and stir in until mixed well. If caramel is still not melted, place in microwave 10-15 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, spoon caramel sauce on top of brownies randomly. Let brownies cool.
- Lift brownies out using foil overhang, slice, and serve.
- These are wonderful for the holidays or when you want a heavy duty indulgence.
Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon or another retailer after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.