This yummy "Bisquick" Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Coffee Cake is delightfully infused with vanilla Greek yogurt and banana. It's so light, moist and fluffy, with hints of cinnamon, dark brown sugar and chocolate in each gorgeous bite. See that cinnamon-dark brown sugar-chocolate mixture layer in the middle? And on top? Yum, right?
It's sooooo delicious, I managed to wolf down almost a third of this coffee cake. *Inhaled* is a better word and physically made myself seal it up and put it in the freezer. I used the*out of sight, out of mind* strategy, so I would stop being mistaken as Miss Piggy's dopple-ganger.
Note to self: With that being said, it's best to have this around when others are in the house, otherwise the mistaking of your identity will be questionable...aka Miss Piggy. 🙂 It's hard to stop eating it!
I love Bisquick!
Bisquick is a pre-mixed baking product (General Mills under their Betty Crocker brand) consisting of flour, shortening, salt, and baking powder. It's famously used in making pancakes, waffles, muffins, rolls, donuts, coffee cakes, ... and the list goes on! It's a helpful shortcut in developing and using in recipes, due to ingredients already being in the flour mix, like this one!
Bisquick was invented in 1930 by a sales exec, who stole a chef's pre-mixed biscuit batter recipe while on a business trip!
Sounds sinister, but these things happen every day. Someone creates. If you don't take responsibility, someone else can embellish on it and and history is made. Wise words...yaaa!
Secret Recipe Formula for Bisquick
Secret Formula=1 cup of Bisquick can be substituted by a mixture of 1 cup flour, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 ½ tablespoons of oil or melted butter (or by cutting in 2 ½ tablespoons Crisco or lard). Eureka!
Whatever kind of day you're having...this "Bisquick" Chocolate Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Banana Coffee Cake will make everything better for that *golden moment* of the entire day! 🙂 I promise!
Of course, you already know, coffee goes with coffee cake, no exceptions here! Relax, bake and enjoy this "Bisquick" Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Coffee Cake!
More Coffee Cakes
- 4 Amazing Apple Coffee Cakes
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Cherry Coffee Cake
- Caramel Glazed Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Coffee Cake
"Bisquick" Chocolate Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Banana Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake Base
- 2 cups Bisquick
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 bananas Use 1 banana for a lighter, fluffier banana flavor, mashed
Cinnamon Chocolate Topping & Layer
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using mixer, blend butter, sugar, mashed banana (s), eggs, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Add Bisquick and continue mixing until fully incorporated, but don't overmix.
Cinnamon Chocolate Topping & Layer
- In another bowl, combine the dark brown sugar and cinnamon and mix together well.
- In a 9x9 pan, spray with non-stick spray and layer ½ of the cake batter into the pan, spreading out evenly. Layer & sprinkle ½ of the brown sugar / cinnamon mixture on top, ½ of the mini chocolate chips and ½ of the walnuts, all in that order.
- Repeat layers all over again with remaining ingredients all in the same order as above.
- Bake 35-45 minutes depending on doneness of cake.