This post has been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC, Pillsbury™, & ⓒ 2017 Kellogg NA Co. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tis the season for Pillsbury™ Frosted Snowmen on a Stick! These will surely make the most adorable holiday treats for your friends, family and neighbors! You can hand them out individually as a memorable gift with cellophane, twine or ribbon all cute and decorative, place as a stocking stuffer or if you're hosting or going to a party or family gathering, place these treats on a festive party platter!
Umm seriously...Who wouldn't love these charming Pillsbury™ Frosted Snowmen on a Stick?
Mom's you can do this! Home-made Rice Krispie® treats iced with this Pillsbury™Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting and decked out with red and green Holiday M&M'S® and a few other accessories them complete and adorable! They look impressive but require little effort!
And, to make this easier for you moms, (because trust me, I'm all about easy), I went to Target and got all my goodies in one fatal swoop. Target has everything you need for your holiday baking and my family loves to shop at Target just because we know they are always going to have everything we need!
So, let's build some snowmen!
First, you make the Rice Krispies putting them in an 13" x 18" rimmed half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
Prepare the Rice Krispies, then let them cool.
Cut out snowmen with cookie cutters, 2 sizes, one smaller for the head, one larger for the bottom. I got 14 snowmen, but you might get more or less, depending how big you make yours.
Use a popsicle stick and make sure it's long enough to go through both circles and not going through the top.
Smush the top of the head and the bottom the stick together gently, keeping their shape when inserting your popsicle stick. Line your tray up with all your Rice Krispie treats.
Frost these with the Pillsbury™Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting, found in the baking aisle!
Everything is conveniently ready to go, and it's super cool because, Pillsbury™ came up with a genius idea and went ahead and put cream cheese frosting in a pastry bag with a star tip already included. Love how easy this is!
Take the pastry bag out of the Pillsbury™ box, take the plastic off the top of the tip end and pipe away. All you do is guide it and fill it in with your frosting, starting from the outside in a circular motion like shown.
NO mess! The end is even sealed so it can't go everywhere! (You'll need 2 of these bags btw, you'll have some left too.)
Here's how the Rice Krispies look once they've been frosted.
Now for the creative part! Using M&M'S, found in the candy aisle!!!
Everyone will be delighted with Milk Chocolate Candy M&M'S adorning these sweet little guys! Red M&M'S buttons and a green scarf is created by cutting Green M&M'S in half.
Then of course he needs a mini orange M&M'S button nose, mini chocolate chips for his eyes of coal and some sprinkles for the fringe on the scarf and a mouth. You can improvise as needed. I just used what I already had around the casa.
Let them set until the frosting is set. A couple of hours or overnight is good.
These taste really, really good, look so festive and I dare-say perfect for the holidays! No wonder! You can't go wrong with Rice Krispies and cream cheese frosting together!
Kids will go crazy over how cute these Cute Snowmen On A Stick Treats are!! Can you see your family and friends devouring them for the holidays? Yes!!
Here's a tutorial for every step and the recipe below you can print out to make these easy party treats for your holidays!
Order online at Target to get all your needs for the holiday season or visit your nearest location here.
Visit the Target app in order to get the 25% Cartwheel offer on Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting here!
Pillsbury™ Frosted Snowmen on a Stick
Rice Krispies in a 12 x 18 pan
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages 10 oz or 8 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 12 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 14 4 ½ or 6 inch Popsicle Sticks
- 2 Pillsbury™Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 11.4 oz bag Milk Chocolate Holiday M&M'S®
- 2 Red M&M'S for buttons
- 2 Green M&M'S for scarf
- 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes
- 1 mini Orange M&M'S
- 3 chocolate sprinkles for mouth
- 6 green sprinkles for scarf
- Optional: Sparkling sugar
- In large stock pan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into an 18 x 13 x 1-inch half sheet pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
Snowmen Cut Outs
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out 14 smaller and 14 larger circles using 1-⅞" and 2-½" or something comparable.
- Using 4.5 or 6 inch popsicle sticks, push the stick through the larger krispie circle, then place the smaller krispie circle on top of the larger krispie circle, pushing the stick until it's just half way through the snowman head.
- Place on parchment paper for frosting.
- Pipe frosting onto each krispie circle using the Cream Cheese Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag, starting on the outside of the circles, start piping the frosting onto the snowmen in a circular motion working inward until you get to the center. Frost all.
- Starting with the Milk Chocolate Holiday M&M'S, place 2 red M&M'S on the snowmen's belly (larger circle), like buttons.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips for the eyes and 1 mini orange M&M'S for the nose and strategically place 3 chocolate sprinkles for the mouth.
- Cut 28 green M&M'S in half, for the scarf, placing 2 between the 2 circles with the cut part facing down. Place 2, with the cut part facing down, beside each other on one side of the snowman's scarf. (see photos for placement)
- Place 3 green sprinkles on the end of each scarf.
- Optional: Sparkling sugar, a sprinkle for a little glistening.
- Let sit until frosting sets to use for your party tray or as a memorable gift wrapped up with some ribbon.
- 1-2 hours for set-up. To speed up the frosting process you can set in a cool dry place or refrigerate for 20 minutes or so.