This Luscious Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe is an oldie, but goodie no-bake dessert recipe that is great any time of the year!
There are lots of versions of this pie, but I found this lemon pie using sweetened condensed milk to be super easy to whip together and make ahead of time. It does require a mixer and I used a prepared graham cracker pie crust, because I already had it in the cupboard.
However, you can easily make your own version of pie crust you desire or here's a graham cracker crust if you want to make one by scratch.
- 1 (8-9") graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- lemon juice
- yellow food coloring
- lemon zest (optional)
- egg whites
- cream of tartar
- Cool Whip
How to Make Lemon Pie Filling Using Sweetened Condensed Milk
- In medium bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, food coloring and the lemon zest.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, until stiff, but not dry.
- Gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into crust. Chill 3 hours or overnight, then garnish with Cool Whip
How to Get the Most Lemon Juice from your Lemons
Fresh lemon juice is essential for this recipe, because it is the only flavor, so it has to be the star attraction!
Allow the lemons to come to warm to room temperature to get more juice to extract from each lemon and roll them around on your counter, pressuring them with a firm hand. You can also zap them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, before juicing them. I love this lemon juicer!! It works like a charm! And a good lemon zester is always a great handy tool to have as well!
Here are 10 tried-and-true tricks for maximizing the amount of juice you're able to get out of citrus fruit—no juicer required.
Tips for Whipping Egg Whites
- It is essential that your bowl and beaters are clean and dry, without any residue on them, so egg whites whip properly. Use a large bowl that is metal, ceramic or glass instead of plastic.
- Stiff peaks - When stiff peaks form, the peaks will be firm and not fall over.
- Soft peaks- When soft peaks form, the egg whites will be all white and lifting the beater will cause soft peaks that slump over.
- Egg whites should not be over beaten, so be cautious you don’t go too far.
How to Store Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Fridge: Store pie tightly covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Freeze for up to 2 months. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap or foil and store in a sealed freezer safe bag.
You'll really love how easy and delicious this lemon chiffon pie recipe is! Enjoy!
More Lemon Delish Desserts!
- Lemon Layered Pudding Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Raspberry Crumb Cake
- Soft Lemon & Blueberry Explosion Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cookies
- Luscious Lemon Sour Cream Pie!
- Raspberry Lemon Dream Pie
Luscious Lemon Chiffon Pie
- 1 8-9" graham cracker crust
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- ⅓ cup real lemon juice
- Few drops yellow food coloring
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel optional
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- In medium bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, food coloring and the lemon peel. Set aside.
- Using mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar, until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture. Pour into crust.
- Chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with Cool Whip.
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 9 whole graham crackers
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Recipe from Cook's