Something about Pumpkin Spice Latte screams fall! People go crazy, mad for this Home-Made Pumpkin Spice Syrup & Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe. Fragrant spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves are happily wafting together in this robust pumpkin-flavored syrup.
And guess what? Besides all those earthy spices, it's got real pumpkin in it too. And guess what else else? It's easy to make and it tastes so amazing.
In reality, you can have it readily available in 15 minutes, just like a Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte version except your version is way cheaper, better and easy to assemble once you make the syrup.
So, not only do you have it right in your little paws quicker than driving to your nearest Starbuck's, you can save a bunch of money by not buying them everyday and you also save on gas! Wootwoot!
And while you're at it, you can make a double batch and share it with your co-workers and boss! (You're welcome!) They will think you're the best thing since chocolate.
Well almost...cuz nothing beats chocolate. ;P
With this delicious Home-Made Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup, you can use splenda or sugar, depending on what you like. (I like knowing I have the option to make either, especially when I make it for friends or family that may not want those extra calories.
It's no wonder Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup is a holiday favorite. The latte is just icing on the coffee right? Don't forget the whipped cream or fat free whipped cream, maybe some drizzles of caramel sauce and some pinches of cinnamon for some sweet decoration skills.
The warmth of the holidays comes through in whatever you make, whether it's lattes, cappuccinos or steamers. You can also add the some syrup to enhance your favorite pumpkin bread, waffles, pancakes, donuts, ciders or smoothies, just to mention a few fall inspirational ideas.
Are you ready to stay and venture 'in' for the Pumpkin Spice Latte Effect? Let's!
Psst....You need to try this “CopyCat” Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake. It's a winner!
For more fall Pumpkin Delights to enjoy with your Pumpkin Spiced Latte!
Home-Made Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 1 cup sugar or splenda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep syrup from burning.
- Let mixture cook together like syrup and begins to coat the spoon (for about 10-15 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Refrigerate in a heat-proof container.
- The syrup will thicken a bit in the refrigerator, but will become syrup again when heated.
To make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons syrup with 2 cups milk in microwave (adjust milk depending on pumpkin flavor desired)
- Pour into a blender or whisk until frothy, for about ten seconds (to make it thick and prevent the pumpkin from settling on the bottom).
- Pour ½ cup of the pumpkin spice mixture into a large mug.
- Top it off with strong, hot coffee.
- Add some whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Store the rest of the latte mixture in the fridge for up to a week, sealed. Shake before using.
Add a couple more tablespoons to the syrup mixture, if you want more pumpkin-y flavor.
If you use the best of spices, you even get more fragrant flavors. Yum!