My little devilish Chocoholics! Come out, come out, where ever you are! This Halloween Black Magic Candy Cake is definitely gonna cast a spell on you, cuz it’s sooo bomb!
How cute would this be for Halloween festivities?
Halloween Black Magic Candy Cake will have your little goblins and witches a-drooling.
Pssst….That goes for the big goblins and witches too. Hell yeah!
Everybody loves Halloween, AND chocolate, no matter if it’s candy, frosting and cake ya’ll. In this case you get all the above.
I was inspired to make a scratch ‘black magic’ cake when I posted Reese’s Peanut Butter Devil’s Food Chocolate Poke Cake, because I used a Devil’s Food Cake Mix in that recipe, so I wanted to have a real home-made rich, ultra-moist, ultra-dark chocolate cake that I could use in that cake as well, because honestly, this recipe, it’s insane! It does not disappoint.
Speaking of insane, I’m crazy insane over this Pumpkin Butter Pecan Poke Cake too!
Confession* Not only can you make this for all your Halloween parties and gatherings, you can also make it afterwards with all that left over candy you’re gonna get from trick or treatin’, unless you’re like me and eat it all in one fatal swoop.
(Yes, I do that, no one gets harmed in the process, but it’s brutal to watch. That’s what happens when you have a chocolate freak in the house. We tend to get a little possessive.)
The chocolate fudge frosting is seriously so rich and creamy, I normally don’t like a lot of frosting, but I could wolf this down by the spoonfuls. It’s double-dare delicious on the cake. They were meant to be together.
If you don’t want all the bling on top, make it a half n’ half cake. Half blinged up, half not, just like the picture. But seriously, who is going to turn down candy? Now that’s what I call “Insane”!
Bling it up for any holiday with coordinating colors and candies of the season and birthdays too! It’s such a fun cake for the kids to help decorate and creative. You’ll have a spooktacular Halloween with this Halloween Black Magic Candy Cake!
Get your Frankenstein on, let’s go insane!
Halloween Black Magic Candy Cake! It's Insane!
Black Magic Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Special Dark Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened Special Dark Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk add more if needed
- 4 ounces butter 1 stick, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
Candy Bling Heaven
- Snickers This is what I used but use whatever you like for your bling, Kit Kats, Twix, M&M's, Peanut M&M's, Reese's Pieces, Butterfinger, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool then frost with Fudge Frosting
- Using a mixer, mix together butter and cream cheese, then add in rest of ingredients and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cake then cut up candy bars and place all your candies on top and devour like a crazy vampire! 🙂
Here are some more Halloween desserts you gotta check out!