I can think of nothing better than 4 things at this moment! It's pretty simple....#1. Holidays #2. Oreos #3. Cream Cheese and #4. Cookies! Put those all together? You get the most tasty Holiday Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies! You're welcome!
I mean...look at that lovely cookie dough! BTW...it's awesome not baked, right out of the bowl too. I can't help myself. I always want to eat that cookie dough before the end result, the actual cookie(s). Both ways, incredibly, insanely more delicious, than you would ever imagine.
Ironically, I have been wanting to make some cream cheese cookies like these. Perfect timing, because we are having our 4th annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap!
This is my 2nd year to be in the cookie swap and it's pretty cool to share recipes and get a boat-load of awesome cookie recipes to add to your Holiday Cookie repertoire, right?
*Sigh* I love cookies. Everybody knows...cookies make the world go round. Especially Christmas time!
This cookie recipe was passed on to me from Emily Franceschini @ Painting It Purple. So thank you Emily for such a delicious cookie recipe! And thank you HOSTS of the Cookie Swap! Go check 'em out!
If you love, love, love anything Oreo, you gotta try these!
Holiday Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies
- 3 ounces cream cheese add 4 ounces if you want more cream cheese flavor, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter salted, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 10-12 Oreo cookies crushed, some larger bits too
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Food coloring for the holidays
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, then beat in butter.
- Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix.
- Add a couple drops of a holiday food coloring for a festive touch
- Add flour and baking powder gradually and mix until well combined.
- Fold in Oreos, then cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out two tablespoons and roll into a 2 inch ball.
- Place them on your cookie sheet and press down lightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes – the edges will start to brown but the cookie will be soft. That's what you want. 🙂
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Delish!!