Oreo Dirt Pudding Cake or also known as Dirt Cake is an “oldie but goodie” classic Midwestern dessert from the groovy 70’s. I’m from the Midwest, so I know this dessert well. Maybe too well! My whole family loves it!
It’s made with crushed Oreo cookies, pudding, cream cheese and whipped cream and those crushed Oreos is what gives it that dirty look, which translates to delectable Oreo Dirt Pudding Cake.
Kids, as well as adults will love this with these chocolate covered strawberries representing carrots and some chocolate Easter eggs laying on top, making it a fun dessert for Easter and Spring, don’t ya think?
I’ve seen these Oreo Dirt Pudding Cakes with gummy worms and marshmallow bunnies on top too, and of course, you can leave all the accessories off, it’s all good.
You can also put this in a layered trifle bowl, or make individual desserts depending on how you want to present your dirt pudding.
You can even change up the pudding flavor with chocolate pudding or vanilla pudding. I used white chocolate pudding. YUM!
I made this with whipping cream instead of Cool Whip, because I love fresh whipped cream. It makes this dessert super creamy and should I dare-say even more super addictive?
Cookies and cream combo…what’s not addicting about that?
Not a thing… 🙂
This luscious dessert is definitely the one to take to a potluck or any party and trust me…it will always be a hit! Of course, as I mentioned earlier, always perfect for Easter, spring and Halloween too! I should probably mention, 4th of July, BBQ’s and for summer definitely because it’s no-bake!
Let’s have some! It only takes 15 minutes to whip together.
Other Oreo desserts?
Oreo Dirt Pudding Cake
- 1 & 1/2 packages Oreos, crushed/crumbled
- 1 8 oz. bar Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip or 2 cups 16 oz. whipping cream whipped
- 2 3.4 oz boxes Instant White Chocolate or any Pudding Mix
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- Optional: Chocolate covered strawberries & chocolate Easter eggs
- 1 bag orange chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hershey's Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Crush/crumble 1 package of Oreos and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, almond milk and optional: vanilla.
- Using mixer, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Mix in powdered sugar and then mix or fold in the whipped cream.
- Mix or fold the pudding mixture in with the cream cheese mixture until mixed.
- Pour over cookie crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remainder, 1/2 package crushed with some crumbled Oreos. Let set for a few hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Top with chocolate covered carrots and Easter eggs, gummy worms and or marshmallow bunnies.
- To make chocolate covered strawberries, melt orange chocolate melts, microwaving every 30 seconds and stirring until melted, about 2 mins. Add oil and mix and dip strawberries and with remainder chocolate drizzle chocolate on top. Let chocolate set and place on top of dessert. Add chocolate eggs and dig in!!