Does it get any better? Light, creamy, delightful cheesecake bars stuffed with OREO cookies from top to bottom! Refrigerate or freeze this no bake dessert, serve and enjoy!
OREOs never cease to amaze me!
I mean, I was just fine with the original OREOs, that were first introduced back in 1912 by Nabisco. Like in these OREO Cheesecake No Bake Bars here, but...Did you know Lemon meringue Oreos also came out at the same time? The original was far more popular, and Nabisco discontinued lemon meringue in the 1920s. *sad face* I think those sound so good!
But, then Nabisco started introducing all different flavors of sandwich cookies worldwide, over the years. I would count, but there's too many and I really don't have time for that, but if you know the answer, let us all know! My point being, you could switch out any flavor of OREO cookies in these bars and have your favorite flavors goin' on.
Did you know the newest OREO cookies on the block are Brownie Batter OREOs? I think I just died and went to heaven AGAIN!
Because these are cheesecake bars and we have it loaded with Oreos, this dessert is not overpowered with sweetness. The cream cheese, sour cream/yogurt and whipped cream really mellows it out. OREO cookies, well, you know they are the 'stars' of this show for sure, so you can't go wrong, regardless!
If you want a creamier bar, refrigerate the bars.
If you want them more set up, you can freeze them.
Try them both ways, both amazing! This summery, yummy dessert is really delightfully creamy and delicious, enjoy!
Everything's coming up OREOs!
OREO Cheesecake No Bake Bars
- 26 Oreo cookies ground into crumbs in food processor
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt or sour cream I used vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks, thawed
- 2 cups Oreo cookies coarsely chopped divided
- Line the bottom of an 9x9 pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine cookie sandwich crumbs with melted butter until all of the butter is absorbed.
- Press the OREO cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with fingers until mixture is packed tight. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place cream cheese and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping and stir until combined.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the OREO cookies over the batter and gently add the rest of the cream cheese filling over top.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped OREO cookies on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- Freeze for firmer bars, refrigerate for creamy bars. 😉