These tempting Brown Sugar Brownie Bars are perfect for so many things! Let me tell you why I love them!
They’re lightly golden brown and soft and chewy when you bite into them. What’s not to love I ask?
I love how the ingredients are all pantry staples. Sometimes simple is best when it comes to baking.
Love these Brown Sugar Brownie Bars are just sweet enough, but not ultra rich, like blondies can be and still resemble the warm buttery, brown sugar tones you get with blondies. They are very addictive and delectably delicious.
These are brownies without the chocolate…
Unless you want to add in some fun stuff like chocolate chips, candy bar bits, peanut butter cups, toffee, M&M’s, you name it, the door’s wide open for options.
Love these are perfect for potlucks, bake-sales, placing in a special tin for a special friend, picnics, bbqs, tail-gating, holidays, family weekends, baking-it-easy and freezing for later! Or the usual hoarding is always acceptable.
Love. Love. Love! and more love for these…and you will too! This is definitely one brownie recipe you won’t want to pass up! Enjoy!
For more ideas, check out my page of Brownies, Blondies & Bars!
Brown Sugar Brownie Bars
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 350F
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper for easy removal and to cut cleanly. If you don’t use parchment, lightly grease the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mix well. Add vanilla and mix in.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread evenly in your pan and bake for 30-35 minutes — the blondies will be lightly golden. Don't over-bake.
- Cool before cutting.