When I was growing up, there was one dessert that thankfully, ALWAYS made it’s appearance at family reunions and gatherings. And it was this decadent Chocolate Cream Layered Dessert. It’s a real head-turner, this one! It’s retro and it’s a doozy!
That’s because anything that involves chocolate and cheesecake with the fluffy-fluff whipped cream factor, you know it’s going to be good! It’s all transformed into 4 layers of yumminess, and it is freaking amazing!
Oh and don’t forget that nutty crust! This is comfort food at it’s finest!
So next time you stress trying to figure out what to make for special events or any night of the week when you want a a little special indulgence…Put this recipe in your back pocket.
When you do that stressing thing? You can take this out of your back pocket (recipe archive) and ‘just do it’ already. Problem solved, very happy campers, every single time.
Affliliate links are using on this post, see my non-disclaimer for more information.
I love this elegant dessert because one recipe makes enough to serve a small crowd and you’ve probably made or had it some-time in your life at a potluck or the holidays in a 9×13 pan.
It holds up well and you can store it in the fridge and it tastes great for the next few days. That is, if there’s any left. 🙂 For the pumpkin version go here!
Chocolate Cream Layered Dessert
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Use 1 cup rice flour if gluten-free)
- 1 cup pecans , chopped finely
- 1 stick butter , cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz whipping cream or cool whip
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 oz whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Combine until butter is cut into pea-size pieces. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 mins. at 350. Cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until mixed well, then mix in the 8 oz of whipped topping until smooth and creamy. Spread on the cooled crust.
- Using whisk. mix together one package of vanilla instant pudding and one package of chocolate instant pudding with 3 cups cold milk, about 2 minutes. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up and then spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- Top pudding layer with 8 oz of whipped topping and garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
- Store in the refrigerator.