Chocolate Cream Layered Dessert
This elegant, decadent Chocolate Cream Layered Dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Great for parties, potlucks and family get-togethers!
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Use 1 cup rice flour if gluten-free)
- 1 cup pecans , chopped finely
- 1 stick butter , cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz whipping cream or cool whip
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 oz whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Combine until butter is cut into pea-size pieces. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 mins. at 350. Cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until mixed well, then mix in the 8 oz of whipped topping until smooth and creamy. Spread on the cooled crust.
- Using whisk. mix together one package of vanilla instant pudding and one package of chocolate instant pudding with 3 cups cold milk, about 2 minutes. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up and then spread on top of cream cheese layer.
- Top pudding layer with 8 oz of whipped topping and garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
- Store in the refrigerator.
For the chocolate sprinkles, I use a vegetable peeler and grate my chocolate, then break up any larger pieces a little between my fingers.
I prefer to use whipping cream, so if you don't know how to make that, just pour 2 cups of whipping cream into a bowl and beat it until you get stiff peaks. Use 1/2 in Layer 2 and then the remainder whipped cream, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to it and beat it in and spread it on the top layer, Layer 4.