So easy to make! It begins with using a vanilla cake mix, with the addition of fresh blueberries, cream cheese, a delicious buttery crumble and a vanilla glaze to make them complete! These creamy blueberry bars are totally "OK" for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacking, right? It's such an Easy & Delicious Treat for your entire Family!
I have been snacking on blueberries a lot lately!
I'm happy to report, blueberries are one of the world's healthiest foods! One of the newest, exciting new evidence about blueberries, is that blueberries can improve memory. Thank goodness for eating even more blueberries NOW!
Sorry, back to talking about these Blueberry & Cream Crumble Bars. 🙂 Focus...Focus...ok back on track and eat more blueberries! 😉
To Make These Bars!
A cake mix is used to make a cookie base and cookie crumbles on top, so that's an easy double whammy.
The blueberries and the cream cheese mixture is sandwiched in between the cookie base and crumbles, making these bars scrumptious and bursting with blueberry goodness with every bite.
They taste incredible with a vanilla glaze on top, pairing well with the sweet and tart blueberries, creamy cream cheese filling and crumble love!
Besides, who doesn't love blueberries and cream cheese together? They are the 'IT' couple you don't want to break up EVER!
But if you're not into blueberries, feel free to substitute other fruit, drizzle white chocolate on top, or if you are real adventurous, try other cake mix flavors. Lemon cake mix would be incredible!
These bars are perfect for summer! It's best to keep them refrigerated until you are ready to devour! Everyone loves them!
Here's the recipe!
Blueberry Dreamin'? If so, here's some more where that came from!
Blueberry & Cream Crumble Bars
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- ⅓ cup butter room temperature
- 2 eggs divided
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, or line with foil and spray foil to easily take bars out of pan to cut squares.
- In large bowl, combine butter, one egg and cake mix. Mixture will be very stiff, so you might opt to use your hands (which I did.)
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mixture for crumble topping, set aside.
- Press the remaining cake mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a mixing bowl using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and remaining egg until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top the partially baked crust.
- Evenly arrange the blueberries over the cream cheese mixture and the sprinkle with remaining crumbles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and crumbles on top turn golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill approximately 30 minutes before serving.
I got the recipe from Shelly at Cookies & Cups.