Now here's a Blueberry Smoothie with all the extra bells and whistles! Fresh Blueberries, Old-Fashioned Oatmeal, Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Almond Milk and Banana make this smoothie so awesome!! Perfect for breakfast, an energizer or after a workout!
Part of my basic diet, includes eating oatmeal pretty much everyday when I get to work, so I'm always looking for ways to change up my oatmeal intake. I really love adding fresh fruit to my oatmeal; it makes the flavors burst. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 🙂
I wasn't always a lover of oatmeal! My dad made us eat it everyday for breakfast and I absolutely loathed it back then. Of course, he just wanted us to have warm food in our bellies, but I saw it a little differently. It was pasty, disgusting and every morning?? Ewww....!!! So it was probably ten or more years before I could actually eat oatmeal again.
Isn't if funny how things can change? Now I can't get enough!
Oatmeal fills you up and it's great for lowering cholesterol levels, it has a high fiber content, has antioxidants that reduce risk of cardiovascular disease, enhances immune response to infection, stabilizes blood sugar and so many other things!! For more information read more on The World's Healthiest Foods. Adding the blueberries, yogurt and all the other extras make it even healthier! What's not to like?
Get ready to take on the world and make this for a healthy snack!
Blueberry Oatmeal Protein Smoothie (Greek Yogurt}
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ½ cup blueberries feel free to add more if you wish, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana frozen chunks
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Optional: Add Almonds and/or Chia Seeds for more protein!
- Add two or three ice cubes may be added to the blender to make a frostier treat.
- In a blender, combine the oats and almond milk mixture, blueberries, banana and Greek yogurt.
- Blend until smooth and pour into tall glass, serve immediately.