I have been on a banana bread kick! I love experimenting with different banana bread textures and flavors. Here, I got a little help from my friends and knocked this bread up a notch with adding some chocolate, peanut butter and Greek yogurt to this classic banana bread.
Voila, meet Chocolate Swirl Peanut Butter Lovers Banana Bread. *sigh*
I gave myself a tiny moment of accomplishment and applause, before I devoured a couple pieces, in one fatal swoop. Stay out of the way!
(Nothing new….really. I’ve been known to do things like that on many occasion, because I’m very impatient when it comes to banana bread! Crazy lady!)
I love banana bread for breakfast and after work! So, so good. I love banana bread with hot cocoa too. OMG! What a treat! This is a very moist, cake-like bread.
For variation, you can substitute sour cream or buttermilk for the Greek yogurt. Remember, the riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be. So, with that said, you can decrease the sugar as well 1/3 or 1/4 cup.
This Chocolate Swirl Peanut Butter Lovers Banana Bread will definitely be a staple at your house.
Do what makes you happy.
This makes me happy. Hope it makes you happy too!
Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Lovers Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana 3 or 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup Jif peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt sour cream or yogurt can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or use non-stick spray on 9x5 pan
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, using mixer, beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed banana, yogurt, peanut butter and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until moist.
- Measure out 1 cup of batter and add 1/2 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips to batter and using a spoon or whisk mix together in a small bowl until just combined and .
- Spoon plain batter into pan, alternating with dollops of chocolate batter. Drag a knife through batter to swirl. Bake as directed.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack and remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
I use Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero Greek Yogurt
It’s all about the bananas! Here’s some more banana goodies!
Check these out too! Here’s 20 Smashing Pumpkin Breads for Fall!