usedIndulge yourself! One bite of Mimi's Honey Vanilla Banana Bread and you’ll be hooked. This fragrant banana bread is perfectly balanced with lots of banana flavor, hints of light honey nectar from our local Byler's Bee Farm and smooth, rich Madagascar Vanilla. Like I said, 'Indulge yourself!'
We used Madagascar Vanilla. It is made with twice the amount of vanilla beans, plus it adds an incredibly full flavor to this bread.
The local sweet honey is made by bees using nectar from clover. You'll probably have to use whatever kind of honey you have access to where you live. It's best to use local honey for allergy purposes as well!
Every bite is moist, rich and tasty. Now, if you don't have these 'special' ingredients, don't worry! It will still be excellent with what ingredients you have on hand.
If you're wondering who 'Mimi' is? It's me. It's my 'grandma' name, since I don't want to be called 'grandma'. My hubby thinks I should be called 'granny', because he wants to be called 'Grandpappy'. But I shun that 'granny' word!
LOL...anyways, this bread is perfect for breakfast, snacking, or add a finishing touch to the end of an evening meal.
Here's the recipe for Mimi's Honey Vanilla Banana Bread! Enjoy!
Banana Bread got your fancy? You might like these!
Mimi's Honey Vanilla Banana Bread
- 3-4 large ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil or melted butter cooled
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey or Byler's Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract or Madagascar Vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray with non-stick spray a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mix together the melted butter or olive oil, bananas, honey, sugars, eggs and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour together and whisk and then add to the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack until completely cool.