Chocolate Chips in anything is an exceptionally good thing, am I right?
These OMG Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars have it going on…kind of like Stacy’s Mom. 🙂
Here are some fun facts about chocolate chips that you might find interesting from the ChocolaTess “vault of trivia“.
- Besides the original semi-sweet chocolate chips, other varieties also include peanut butter, bittersweet, butterscotch, mint chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cinnamon and even white and dark swirled chocolate chips. Yay!
- Besides cookies, chocolate chips can also be used pancakes, cakes, pies, pastries, muffins, breads, ice cream, bars…I could go on, but the list is endless. Oh yeah! The more, the better! 🙂
- Chocolate chips can be melted and used in sauces, glazes, ganache, frostings, brownies, cakes and many other recipes. They melt best at temps between 104 and 113 degrees Fahrenheit or 40 – 45 degrees Celsius.
- Because most chocolate chips are designed to retain their shape when baking, they contain less cocoa butter than baking chocolate. So, it’s not a good idea to use chocolate chips in recipes that call for melted chocolate, because when melted, the chocolate becomes thick, muddy and grainy and it is very difficult to use.
- Chocolate Chips are used in chocolate chip cookies, which are regarded as the most perfect and favorite American dessert, hands down. Here is my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are chocked full of chocolate chips! This Soft-Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie here, is the most popular on my blog. Watch for more to chocolate chip recipes to come…we can never have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes! No wonder it’s the most popular dessert in America
- Hershey’s are among the top producers of chocolate chips. Some other popular brands include Ghirardelli, Nestle, Scharffen Berger, Trader Joe’s, See’s, Guittard, Callebaut and Sunspire. So, what’s your favorite brand? I love Ghirardelli!!
OMG Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars are gooey…of course, but wait until you taste them, they are freakin’ incredible! Made them especially for my husband, he’s had a rough couple of weeks. He loved them! 🙂
(Excellent for sharing or hoarding, you pick!)
Here’s the recipe for OMG Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars!