Bring out the Fluffy Loaded Breakfast Bake & Easy Quick Gooey Cinnamon Rolls for this year's Holiday brunch or breakfast for your family and friends.
My husband is the Breakfast King around this castle. He & our son, Derek loves all things breakfast. My mom is the same way, except she would eat it for every meal. 😉
This egg bake recipe is wonderful because it goes along great with so many other things, like bacon, pancakes, french toast, etc., as well. Great for baking on the weekends and eating it throughout the week for breakfast is also a great option we do often.
This creamy, cheesy egg loaded bake is healthy-ish and full of protein for the fact, it's loaded with diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, browned ham, butter, fresh eggs, cheese and a secret ingredient. Well actually 2 secret ingredients!
Bisquick helps make it fluffy and gives it a nice texture.
The other secret weapon is using Egg Beaters. You still use 9 eggs, but you also use Egg Beaters, which are made from egg whites. They contain the same quality protein in shelled eggs, but with less calories and zero fat or cholesterol.
It's made in a 9x13 pan, it feeds a large hungry group and don't forget...since we covered the savory part, we need to cover the sweet part of the breakfast. 🙂
That's where these Easy Quick Gooey Cinnamon Rolls roll in.
I love how quick these indulgent bakery cinnamon rolls can be drool-worthy ready in just 45 minutes and also baked in a 9x13 pan.
Sounds like a dream come true right? Well, I'll tell you this, this is real folks!
Fluffy, tender no-knead, ready in 45 minute cinnamon rolls with dollops of cream cheese icing...best when served warm & fresh out of the oven.
O. M. G. How many of these can I wolf down?
Thank Goodness for holidays and easy home-made food - made with love!!
It's always love, if it's home-made. Everyone knows that...
If you love LOVE...well then, give these two a try!
Fluffy Loaded Breakfast Bake
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 9 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups Egg Beaters
- ⅓ cup Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups ham diced and browned
- 1 large green pepper diced
- ½ large sweet onion diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms rough chopped
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 pan, by spraying with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the 2 ½ cups of egg beaters and 9 large eggs together with with cooled melted butter.
- Whisk the bisquick and salt and pepper into the egg mixture, there will be some lumps, that is ok. (That makes it fluffy)
- Pour ½ the egg mixture into your 9x13 pan, then add in the ham, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms then add the cheese on top of the vegetables and ham.
- Pour the remainder of the egg mixture on top of everything.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until firm.
- Let breakfast bake sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Easy Quick Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
- ⅓ cup water warm
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast or 1 pkg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter unsalted melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter unsalted softened
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese. room temperature
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Whisk together the lukewarm water with the instant yeast and 1 tsp of sugar in a medium bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, milk, sugar and melted butter to the yeast mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Combine the flour with the salt and whisk together in a large bowl.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and using a wooden spoon stir until well incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spray with no-stick spray to keep the parchment paper in tact.
- Roll the dough out onto a well floured surface, until it's approximately 16 inches long by 12 inches wide rectangle and about ¼ inch in thickness.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread the ½ cup of softened butter over the entire surface of the dough with the back of a spoon and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Starting at the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge starting away from you and working in.
- Cut the dough into 2 inch slices or use floss and cut through the dough to get 12 rolls.
- Place the rolls into the prepared baking pan.
- Let the rolls rest for another 10 minutes to let them rise a little more.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking make, prepare the cream cheese icing.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. If the icing is a bit too stiff add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Ice the rolls immediately when they come out of the oven with the cream cheese icing.
Recipe from Craving Home Cooked