Ultimate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have the unbeatable combination of delicious white chocolate, peanut butter and milk chocolate chips, old-fashioned oats and a hint of cinnamon to make them desirable and dangerous at the same time!
Baking cookies is therapy to me.
Especially when they come out like these! Then my therapy session is well spent. I feel better and I get to enjoy the rewards afterwards.
And did you notice? We are incorporating oatmeal into our diet of cookies? 🙂
See, we now have a little balance, as I see it.
Want more recipe ideas for oatmeal in your cookies? You’ll love these Hearty Pumpkin Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies, these Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and of course these BFF Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
I sent some of these down to my 2 sons and their families in Florida. Made 2 different batches and took some into work to share. (It all seems to work out nicely between family, work, friends, etc…)
One of my co-workers wanted to know why her cookies always go flat and why these had such nice texture. In her case, I think she was using butter that was too soft, but there are a variety of reasons why. If you have cookie issues and want to know why, check out these tips here and hopefully you’ll be able to pin it down and keep baking great cookies!
In this recipe, the butter is cold, not room temperature or softened. The cookies are then scooped onto a baking sheet using a large ice cream/cookie scooper and are baked at 375 degrees.
Cornstarch is added to bake them up soft and thick, oats to make them hearty and a touch of cinnamon to give them a little warmth.
One cookie is plenty for me for snacking, even though I want to keep reaching for more! Hard to resist!
Definitely cozy cookies for the holidays and share with friends! Ultimate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ultimate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of each - milk chocolate chips peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips, plus some extra for the tops of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together cold butter and sugars until light and fluffy for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out 6 cookies on a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper and bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.