“Best friends forever” (“BFF“) is a phrase that describes a close friendship. Ahh….yes, yes. That’s what happened with these awesome soft and chewy BFF Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Unfortunately, we don’t stay BFF’s for very long, because they keep disappearing. I.can’t.help.it. I’m.sorry.BFF Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
Barbara Delinsky describes a BFF as “someone you don’t have to see every day to still connect with, someone who loves you whether you talk often or not, someone who would drop everything and catch the next flight if you needed her. It’s someone who couldn’t care less where or what she eats, as long as she’s with you.”
Yep, that description nails it, right? What do you think? I mean we (the BFF’s and me) can continue where we left off until the next time because we care about each other; we have a ‘sweet’ relationship. 🙂 Yeah!
These oatmeal cookies have a soft, chewy texture and look at that gorgeous golden color attributed to the brown sugar, cinnamon and molasses! The molasses adds a really nice depth of flavor to the cookies. And the star of the show is…taa daaa! The gorgeous, rich dark chocolate chips. *Swoon* I love my new BFFs! Every time I make them, it’s like love at first sight all over again.
Andddd..while your cookies are baking, you can check out my How – To! Baking Perfect Cookie Tips! 🙂
Christmas is coming sooner than we want to admit, but that requires cookies. Lots of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Ultimate Dark Chocolate Chip Toffee Walnut Cookies and ‘Awesome’ Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!
Here are some Substitution Ideas!
- No molasses? Use honey or aguave
- For healthier: Use applesauce for half of the quantity of butter.
- I used Blends By Orly – Sydney Blend – Gluten-free Baking Flour, but you can use all purpose flour.
- Instead of instant vanilla pudding mix, use cornstarch
- Use your own combination of add-ins like white chocolate chips, dried cherries, dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts and pistachios to name just a few.
BFF Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (GF or Not)
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 3/4 cup GF Orly's Sidney Blend Flour or All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled GF or regular oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons vanilla pudding or 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pudding together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and molasses.
- Add in the dry mixture and chocolate chips and stir until evenly mixed.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop oatmeal cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheets
- Space evenly and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.