Wrangle in some of these awesome Chunky Monkey Blondies for the crew! The 'Chunky' in these mouth-watering, delicious bars are rich chocolate chunks and peanut butter cups and the 'Monkey' part is the banana and peanut butter flavors. And there you have it, Chunky Monkey Peanut Butter Cup Banana Blondies have arrived!
The magnificent combinations of peanut butter, chocolate and banana is such a popular favorite among many.
I could eat this whole pan, I kid you not. I reluctantly managed to take them to work, so I wouldn't be tempted by them being hidden, when I know exactly where they are (duh) or out in the open staring me right in the face. Torture.
Plus, I cannot let goodies stay put, if I know goodies are in anywhere in the house.
I did, however, manage to still scarf down 3 of these, before I let the cat out of the bag that I had some blondies in my cube at work.
And, in a flash. They went buh-bye. I was crushed.
Good bye cruel world.
Good bye into the mouths of co-workers. Nevertheless, at least I know they tasted yummy from the reaction! I'm good with that.
These bars are a wonderful fudgy, peanut butter bar with mashed bananas added in. The chocolate chunks and the peanut butter cups add even more richness and decadence, making these one of my all-time favorite bars. Plus, the whole combo of peanut butter, chocolate and banana all together is quite delicious!
An easy recipe that doesn't take a lot of time and so tasty delish! For some extra crunch, feel free to add some walnuts, some broken pretzel bits or substitute crunchy peanut butter for creamy peanut butter!
The key to baking these, is to not overbake them. That way you can keep them fudgy and moist. Plus, these are so good for snacking, dessert and breakfast! Yes, breakfast! 😉
Now enjoy these beloved Chunky Monkey Blondies. The flavors of banana, peanut butter, chocolate chunks and peanut butter cups make these bars a real showstoppin' dessert! Lovin the peanut butter, banana, chocolate combo thing going on here? Me too!
More Recipes You'll Love!
Chunky Monkey Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bars
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- ½ cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 10 -16 small Reese's peanut butter cups
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour or GF flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and light brown sugar and whisk to blend
- Add in the egg, vanilla, peanut butter and banana and make sure all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed in.
- Using a wooden spoon, add in the salt, baking sodia and flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and mix in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Lightly press the peanut butter cups into the batter.
- Sprinkle some extra chocolate chunks or chips to the top if you wish (I did)
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned.
- Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- Cut into 12 or 16 squares and serve.