25 Dreamy Pudding Poke Cake Recipes You Shouldn't Live Without! Let's get down to the nitty gritty. We all know why we are here. It's because of "THEM". Pudding Poke Cakes are so sinful, so tempting, so seducing, so adoring....and so delicious, so creamy, so pudding filled, so gooey, so fluffy!
We just can't get enough of them when they magically appear before us like a gift from the heavens. It's like a holiday! A celebration! Taaa-Dahhhh! Check out our latest - Carrot Cake Poke Cake!
So, I've searched and put together a collection of delicious heavenly pudding poke cake recipes to share. I love to share the love of a good pudding cake anytime, anywhere.
Why is a Poke Cake called Poke Cake?
- Poke cake is called Poke cake because it's a cake recipe that has holes poked in it after baking, usually with the handle of a wooden spoon or a wooden skewer. Then pudding, jello or sweetened condensed milk is poured over the baked cake to soak into the holes making them super moist and delicious!
Where Did Poke Cake Come From?
- Jell-O Poke Cake was invented in 1969 by the Jell-O company as a way to sell more Jell-O. It became popular in the 1970s because they were so colorful, easy and fun to make, and delicious!
What is the Best Way to Poke Holes in a Poke Cake?
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes through the cake about 1 inch apart. Make sure the holes aren't too close together or too far apart—if they're too close together, your cake could become soggy. If the holes are too far apart, there may not be enough filling throughout the cake.
How Long is Poke Cake Good for in the Fridge?
- Store your poke cake, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
OK, now let's roll out this roundup of heavenly pudding poke cake recipes!
25 Dreamy Pudding Poke Cakes You Can't Live Without Recipe Roundup
1. Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake @ Caramel Potatoes
To get that signature fresh flavor, a “freshened up” lemon cake mix infused with a “strawberry lemonade” Jell-O mix. To top it all off, we added fresh strawberry puree to whipped cream for more fresh strawberry taste. Serve chilled for a delicious bite of summer strawberry lemonade flavor.
2. BTS or Poke Cake @ Something Swanky
This is the original BTS or Poke Cake Recipe (as I know it). There are a lot of different versions out there, but this is the classic one for me. Chocolate cake, poked to death, soaked in sweetened condensed milk, and topped with copious amounts of Cool Whip, Heath Toffee Bits, and caramel sundae sauce.
3. Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke Cake @ Beyond Frosting
This mouthwatering Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke Cake is a chocolate-lover’s dream. It’s a chocolate cake drenched in hot fudge sauce and chocolate pudding, then topped with chocolate whipped cream.
4. Carrot Poke Cake @ Mrs. Happy Homemaker.com
5. Kahlua Coffee Poke Cake @ Very Culinary
Who doesn't love the combination of chocolate and Kahlua? This is one of the pudding poke cake recipes you need to bookmark for later!
6. Caramel Apple Poke Cake @ What's Cookin' Love?
This Caramel Apple Poke Cake is a delicious and moist cake with the flavors of caramel and apple throughout. It tastes just like caramel apple pie!
7. Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake @ Sing For Your Supper
This Oreo version is pretty stinking awesome as well. Rich devil’s food cake studded with crushed Oreos, drizzled with Oreo pudding, then sprinkled with MORE crushed Oreos, and finally topped with whipped cream and you guessed it, more Oreos. An Oreo lovers’ dream come true.
8. Strawberry Creme Passion Poke Cake @ The Baking ChocolaTess
There's 'True Luv' in this Strawberry Cream Poke Cake of passion! Can't you feel the luv? Perfect for any time of the year, this Strawberry Creme 'Passion' Poke Cake is dazzling, passionate and bursting out the doors with dreamy strawberry and cream flavors! Just look at all that creamy pudding in the 'poking' holes!
9. Elvis Poke Cake: PB Banana and Bacon @ Tablespoon
Elvis loved this combo, and we've put it into a poke cake with banana pudding, whipped cream and even bacon!
10. Pumpkin Butter Pecan Poke Cake @ The Baking ChocolaTess
Pumpkin Butter Pecan Poke Cake! A luscious fall poke cake drenched in a sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce and pumpkin pudding, topped off with fluffy clouds of whipped cream, buttery toffee bits and pecans. It's AMAZING!
11. Chocolate Banana Poke Cake @ Big Bear's Wife
Chocolate Banana Poke Cake is a rich chocolate cake topped with bananas, banana pudding, cool whip and mini chocolate chips!
12. Peppermint Poke Cake @ I Wash You Dry
It's a rich chocolate fudge cake that is filled with chocolate peppermint pudding, then topped with whip cream and more peppermint chips.
13. Red Velvet Poke Cake @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen
This red velvet poke cake is delectable and irresistible. It’s filled with sweetened condensed milk and topped with a buttery cream cheese frosting that’s out of this world. You only need 12 ingredients to make this easy poke cake + the frosting. It’s seriously the best poke cake and will win over any crowd, and you’ll be left with nothing but a few crumbs.
14. Chocolate Ganache S'more Cake @ The Baking ChocolaTess
'Sweet Dreams' are made of this delicious, fluffy & creamy S'mores Poke Cake! This luscious s'mores cake is filled with chocolate pudding and then topped with a delicious layer of chocolate mousse, marshmallow whipped cream, chocolate ganache, graham cracker bits and even more marshmallows! *Drooling*
15. Boston Cream Poke Cake Recipe @ Frugal Coupon Living
This Boston Cream Poke Cake recipe is so easy! 4 ingredients and you’re ready to go! It would make such a special treat for Back-To-School lunches for Teachers and Staff. Also, keep these ingredients handy for the holidays coming up. So easy to prep ahead. Enjoy!
16. Blueberries and Cream Poke Cake @ What's Cooking Love?
This Blueberries and Cream Poke Cake is delicious and is a great summer treat. The blueberry pie filling is awesome combined with sweetened condensed milk and poked into the vanilla cake. The cake is so moist and very delicious. This would be great to make for a baby shower or for any occasion.
17. Oreo Pudding Cake @ No. 2 Pencil
You are going to love this Oreo Pudding Poke Cake! Homemade chocolate cake, combined with delicious Oreo pudding, and topped with homemade whipped cream and more Oreos.
18. Hummingbird Poke Cake @ Spicy Southern Kitchen
An exceptionally moist and delicious Hummingbird Poke Cake flavored with banana, pineapple, and pecans. Topped with a creamy and sweet cream cheese frosting.
19. Snickers Poke Cake @ Plain Chicken
Snickers Poke Cake Recipe – easy cake recipe that is great for a crowd- Chocolate cake, caramel sauce, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, Snickers, peanuts, & chocolate sauce. OMG! There is NEVER any left! People go nuts over this cake!!
20. Sinful Triple Chocolate Fudge Poke Cake @ The Baking ChocolaTess
This luscious, tempting, Sinful Triple Chocolate Fudge Poke Cake has yummy chocolate pudding pokes throughout this chocolate cake, making it super moist and irresistible. Plus, we added a sinful chocolate ganache frosting layered on top too. It's like the best triple chocolate treat ever! YUM!
21. Cannoli Poke Cake @ Lemon Sugar
A delicious take on a traditional cannoli, this cake is rich, decadent and super easy to make!
22. Raspberry Lemon Cake @ Favorite Family Recipes
Raspberry Lemon Jello Poke Cake is a cold, refreshing treat! You’ll love this moist, tangy lemon and raspberry flavor with light pudding frosting.
23. Turtle Poke Cake @ Back for Seconds
This Turtle Poke Cake is seriously the best cake ever!! Moist chocolate cake, made from scratch, is filled with gooey caramel, and topped with chocolate ganache and pecans! YUM!
24. Banana Split Poke Cake @ Shugary Sweets
Banana Split Poke Cake is an easy cake recipe made with white cake mix. Topped with banana pudding, fresh berries and all the classic sundae fixings, it’s the perfect dessert for summertime!
25. Black Forest Poke Cake @ Beyond Frosting
This Black Forest Poke Cake is a gooey chocolate cake filled with hot fudge and cherry pie filling. It is topped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Hope you enjoyed all of "25 Dreamy Pudding Poke Cake Recipes You Shouldn't Live Without" as much as I did...still drooling. Pin away for later!
Here's 3 More ... Cuz I love You!
Boston Cream Poke Cake...yellow buttery cake filled with a French vanilla cream pudding and frosted with rich chocolate ganache frosting. Beyond doubt, this is a very heavenly dessert and we cannot resist! Much like these Boston Cream Cupcakes!
You'll love this Coca Cola Chocolate Poke Cake infused with coca cola in the chocolate cake & the chocolate whipped topping! It's so fun!
Pin them all!
More Dessert Roundups!
- 20 Heavenly Layered Desserts!
- 13 Eclair Cakes for Summer-Time Impressing!
- 10 Halloween Party Desserts & Jello Shots!
- 12 Delectable Pies for the Holidays!
- Best 10 Pumpkin Poke Cakes
- Death By Chocolate Poke Cake