“This post has been sponsored by BUTTERFINGER®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
If you love tasty fun sweets, these festive, spook-tacular BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Skulls Tombstone Treats are the perfect Halloween treats to hand out to all your ghoul-friends or rock out at your next upcoming Halloween Bash!
Pretty sure NO ghosts, mummies or zombies will be resting in peace (RIP) with these spooky scrumptious treats lurking about. It'll be a smashing monster good time for sure! We absolutely love Halloween! It's our favorite time of the year because we always look forward to dressing up and celebrating with our friends! I love coming up with different desserts!
The way to get the party started is with these haunting BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Skulls Tombstone Treats!
They feature graveyard-inspired tombstones made of delicious chewy peanut butter krispy treats dipped in white chocolate with grayish swirls, embedded BUTTERFINGER® peanut butter cup skulls, decorative sprinkles and chocolate RIP letters to bring the Halloween spirit to life!
Along with all my other purchases, I purchased 4 fang-tastic bags of BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Skulls, to make my treats and of course *ahem* to hide some back. I'm a huge fan of these!
Have you tried these yet? Pssst....Are you heading to Walmart yet? 🙂
You know how much I love chocolate. Well, it's no wonder, I love these BUTTERFINGER® skulls filled with crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery flavor drenched in a smooth milk chocolate coating! That chocolate skull mold is undeniably the coolest ever!! If that doesn't scream Halloween, I don't know what does! (Except perhaps on these tombstones!)
BTW...who doesn't love BUTTERFINGER®products? It's just so yummy and has bold flavors like no other!
Literally it is the best party candy dessert for Halloween *swoon* and interesting to know, even better that BUTTERFINGER® are free of artificial flavors and colors.
Use these BUTTERFINGER®skulls for decorating with cupcakes, cakes, brownies, giving out for Halloween to the trick or treaters (of course!) ...it's pretty much endless options. Just don't forget to hide some back for yourself. You'll thank me later. They’re the perfect size sweet treat!
Put them in a bowl and get ready to devour with those fangs! They won't last long!
Your family and friends will LOVE these delicious and festive treats!
Find BUTTERFINGER®Cups Skull bite-sized fun size bags at retailers nationwide. BUTTERFINGER®Peanut Butter Cups Skulls Fun-Size come individually wrapped in an 10.8oz bag, with 18 Skulls here. Not only great for making spooktackular Halloween treats, they are the perfect size to give out to trick-or-treaters!
BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Skulls Tombstone Treats
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 5-¾ cups Rice Krispies
- 10 oz good quality white chocolate
- Optional: Black Color Gel: Make sure not water based
- Sprinkles or Cookie Crumbles for base of tombstone
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter on low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add mini marshmallows and once marshmallows begin to soften and melt, add peanut butter and constantly stir the mixture so the peanut butter does not burn.
- Once, mixture is combined and melted, turn off heat and remove pan from stove.
- Add rice krispie cereal to sauce pan and stir until evenly coated with mixture. (Make sure not to add more rice krispie cereal than the recipe calls for or they won’t be soft and chewy)
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 pan, and pat down mixture with parchment paper, pressing it on top of the mixture and patting down or spray your hand with some nonstick cooking spray and pat down the mixture until firmly compacted. Allow 30-45 minutes for treats to firm up before cutting.
- Cut into 8 even rectangular bars.
- Place white chocolate in microwave-safe container. Microwave up to 2 minutes, and within the 2 minutes, microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn. Add some black color gel and swirl to get a granite affect. Dip and lay on a wire rack for decorating one a time.
- Add the Nestlé Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Skulls to the top of the tombstones
- Add some decorative sprinkles or cookie crumbles to the bottom of the tombstones.
- After all the tombstones are sprinkled and skulled, it's time to do the do the 'RIP' lettering.
- Melt some dark chocolate and it's optional, but you can add some back color gel to this to give it a darker vibe and fill a ziploc bag, then snip the tip with scissors to create a tiny opening. and using a toothpick, mark the beginning and ending of RIP in a straight line.
- This will help keep you centered when you start to pipe.
- Trace the letters with the chocolate.
- Let treats set and devour when ready to serve!
- Let treats set overnight if you are packaging to send off to little ghouls in the mail.