These super easy, soft & chewy Homemade Energy Bars are loaded with goodies using dried apricot bits, oats, almonds, peanut butter and maple syrup and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes or so. They are perfect for snacking, breakfast on the go and a healthy fuel pick-me up.
These superfood energy bars are jam packed with protein, antioxidants, Vitamin B3, fiber and unsaturated fats.
You can use any dried fruit you wish, but dried apricots are deliciously sweet and contain a high level of nutrients and of course, super yummy. They have several health benefits due to the levels of vitamins and minerals contributing to good benefits your body will love!
Dried apricots, nuts and oats all are fabulous fiber foods. Yay and if you're a woman, you know you need fiber, right? We have poop issues. I said it and I'm not sorry.
Fiber is a vital part of any well-balanced diet. It ensures your digestive tract runs with regularity, cleaning out the impurities in your body. Eating a diet high in fiber, you also naturally regulate your weight and may even reduce your cholesterol levels.
As well as fiber, dried apricots are an awesome source of Vitamin B3, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Copper and Manganese and great to have on hand for a quick snack!
- Vitamin B3 - Contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism and contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Potassium - Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Magnesium - Contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Phosphorus - Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Iron - Contributes to normal formulation of red blood cells and hemoglobin
- Copper - Contributes to maintenance of normal connective tissue
- Manganese - Contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
You can modify these bars with any dried fruits, nuts, nut butter, gluten free oats for regular oats and even honey or agave syrup for the maple syrup. Bookmark these and make them different each time. Even add some chocolate to the mix and devour!!
More Healthy Treats!
Homemade Energy Bars
- ½ cup maple syrup honey or agave syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil melted or oil of choice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup quick 1-minute oats uncooked
- 1 cup almonds roughly chopped
- ½ to 1 cup dried apricots chopped as desired
- Heat the maple syrup, coconut oil and peanut butter in a medium sized microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds until heated through. Microwave more if needed. Should be easy to mix up.
- Add the almonds, oats and apricot bits to peanut butter mixture and stir together.
- Once mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch parchment lined baking dish and flatten down evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours. Cut and store in an airtight container.
Can also freeze for 3 months. Thaw bar (s) for 10 minutes before indulging. For completely vegan bars, do not use honey. To make gluten free, adjust using gluten free oats.