Healthy Baked Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups are one of my favorite ways to snack throughout the day for a quick energy, satisfying treat when, I’m not reaching for cookies and brownies.
I think of it as having pretty much everything a granola bar has in it, except this has milk and egg added to it and it’s baked in a muffin tin like baked oatmeal.
These oatmeal cups of course are wonderful for breakfast too! Obviously!
Made with rolled oats, fresh strawberries, bananas, chocolate chips, cinnamon, a little brown sugar and some walnuts for some crunch and nutty flavor.
This baked oatmeal is so, so versatile!!!
You can make it even healthier! Substitute honey, aguave or maple syrup instead of brown sugar or leave it out all together, but I like it sweeter, so I have to have some sweetness.
I used Silk unsweetened almond milk, which is very low in calories, 30 calories per cup, but you can use any kind of milk.
They have a creamy, custardy texture after they’re baked. I like eating them at room temperature, refrigerated and warmed up in the microwave. It tastes like a really awesome dessert, and it’s healthy! Gotta sneak it in!
To get the most out of the flavors, just microwave for 30 – 45 seconds and the chocolate chips melt and OMG..those flavors of the strawberry and banana pop!! You can even top it with some milk or whipped cream too.
When we were growing up, we always had milk served with our oatmeal. These days, I don’t have milk with it. How do you eat yours? Cold oatmeal or hot oatmeal? Milk or not?
Any way you eat it, you can prepare this recipe the night before cooking. Just bake in the morning. Place bananas on the bottom of the dish so the bananas don’t brown. Anytime you make it, it’s easy to prepare.
Healthy Baked Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats use GF for GF option, I used Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 10 strawberries chopped
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 2 cups milk of choice I used Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, 30 calorie
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously spray the a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, strawberries, and chocolate chips.
- Add milk, beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract to oatmeal mixture and mix.
- Add to prepared baking muffin pan using an ice cream scoop or something pourable.
- Add banana slices to the top of the oatmeal cups.
- Optional, scatter some extra chocolate chips and strawberries to the top if you want more color.
- Bake oatmeal until the top is golden brown and the milk mixture has set, about 25 minutes.
Healthy Oatmeal Included: