Satisfy your peanut butter cravings with these soft, yet chewy classic peanut butter cookies decked out with those cute baby mini M&Ms to delight your taste buds with each yummy bite with these 'Can't Eat Just One' Peanut Butter M&M Cookies'. It's true! You can't eat just one!
The important question is..."Why would you want to?" You'll definitely want to check out 17 Tempting Peanut Butter Cookies You'll Go Nuts Over for more peanut butter cookie ideas!
Perfect with a glass of cold milk after school treat for the kiddos.
My kid, (the big one) meaning my husband, is infatuated with the mini M&M's. If it was up to him, they would be in every cookie batch I make, like these OMG! Soft-Batch Mini M&M & Chocolate Chip Cookies.
He might be on to something? These are super yummy.
They are super cute right ? 🙂
If you want these to come out soft and chewy, don't overbake these. However, if you like a crunchier peanut butter cookie, bake them a couple minutes longer. They are excellent either way!
If you want them thick, when you 'fork' them, just press the fork down gently when criss-crossing, and they'll come out thicker.
I used a medium scoop, 1 ½ tablespoons worth, which makes a about a 3-inch cookie. Thus, resulting in medium sized cookies. If you make them smaller or bigger, adjust your time.
I used butter. Butter makes them softer and who doesn't like butter? But if you want to use shortening, reduce the amount to ⅓ cup.
I used Jif peanut butter, which I use in most all my cookies. If you use all-natural peanut butter, make your own, or use low-fat or low-salt peanut butter, the cookies won't turn out like these. Get the peanut butter to a creamy consistency before adding it to your cookie dough.
There's no chilling, quick and easy to make and ready to mix up in a matter of minutes!
The whole family will be over the moon for these delightfully cute 'Can't Eat Just One' Peanut Butter M&M Cookies!
For more peanut butter cookies, enjoy these!
- Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies
- Soft JUMBO Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Ultimate Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies
- 17 Tempting Peanut Butter Cookies You'll Go Nuts Over!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- “Phenomenal” Milk Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies!
- Valentine's Day M&M Cookies
"Can't Eat Just One" Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 ⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour I used King Arthur
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 cups of mini semi-sweet or milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.Using mixer, beat together butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter until smooth.Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the peanut butter mixture, beating gently until everything is well combined and fold in the mini M&Ms.Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonful or by using a 1 ½ Tablespoon cookie scoop, onto the prepared baking sheets leaving 2" in between each cookie.Gently use a fork to flatten each cookie to about ½" thick, making a cross-hatch design.Bake the cookies for 12 to 16 minutes, until they're barely beginning to brown around the edges to get best results for soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. Bake longer for crunchy. Remove them from the oven and let set to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes to set up so they don't fall apart.Yield: about 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe modified @ King Arthur Flour's CLASSIC PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Kim Lange says
Joyce, I used 1 & 1/2 cups. Thank you so much, enjoy!
I just came across this recipe and hope to add it to my Christmas cookie tray this year. One question - on the mini m&m's, 1 to 2 cups is a big range. How much did you use in the photos? Thanks!
I love using oats in cookies and peanut butter too! I've yet to try lavender though! Sounds wonderful in shortbread cookies! Thanks so much Ben and have a great weekend!!
Thank you so much Shauna!! xo
Shauna | Linden & Lavender says
Butter is always better in my books! Excellent combination of peanut butter and m&ms!
Agreed 100% - they are super cute! I cannot say I'm really passionate about cookies(except shortbread. And lvender. And with oats. And with peanut butter. Well I guess I've got a little passion after all), but the combination of peanut butter and m&m's is so irresponsibly good!
It's unanimous Teresa! xo Thank you!
Yassss!! For sure! Thank you Maria!! xo
Agree! Peanut butter cookies and milk just go together!! Thank you!! xo
Teresa Ambra says
Look awesome, Kim. I wouldn't want to stop at one. 🙂
Maria | kitchenathoskins says
I need a jug of milk and the that whole batch, please.. Peanut butter and m&m combo is just too good to pass!
Completely into it; big glass of milk matches perfectly ! Thank you, dear !
I'm on TEAM Kelsie! 🙂 They are in a league of their own for sure! Happy Tuesday!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
I'm going to need at least a dozen of these. Peanut butter cookies are the best!
LOL! Sorry about that Laura, but I couldn't stop at one...which that could probably coincide with all cookies made with butter! Thank you dear!!
Ok, you had me at “peanut butter’ , why did you have to say “Can’t eat just One?” That is the ultimate cookie in my book, addictive and peanut butter-containing! Making these for sure! (And, I agree, it’s all about butter, too!) Thanks for the recipe!