For a baked pumpkin donut, these rock n' roll big time! These tender and delicious cake donuts are not overly sweet, but the tempting RumChata glaze will make up for that. Very light, fluffy and yummy, glazed or not, but we love that glaze!
RumChata is very popular, but in case you don't know what it is, it's a delicious liqueur blend that is heavenly all by itself! It has *five times distilled* Caribbean rum and the freshest real dairy cream with a touch of cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and other confidential flavors. Sounds pretty delish!
Add it in your coffee, your cocoa, or over the rocks, right? OH yea!
Anywhoooo, I absolutely love RumChata and these pumpkin donuts are perfect for fall, especially with the glaze! If you love pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon flavors, then you've come to the right donut!
We are celebrating fall with these! Halloween, hayrides, bonfires...yes I'll take a dozen!
More Breakfast Yums for Dunkin'!
RumChata Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donut
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons RumChata or vanilla
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk or whatever milk you prefer
- 2 cups confectioners' powdered sugar
- 3 capfuls of Rumchata or use 1 teaspoon vanilla with a little cinnamon powder, if not using RumChata
- 1 tablespoon vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven 350° F. Spray your doughnut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and almond milk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixture and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix or the donuts will be tough and chewy.
- Using a pastry bag or a plastic baggie with the corner cut off, pipe the batter into each doughnut cup, about ⅔ full, but not overflowing.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes, until donuts spring back when gently pressed. Turn donuts out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, make the RumChata glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once doughnuts are completely cool, dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze and set back onto the wire rack.