I've been craving chocolate donuts. Wait!! ! Not just any ole chocolate donuts!! Yummy, light and fluffy CHOCOLATE cake donuts, to be quite honest!
Throw in some Oreos, I think we're good. Fluffy Oreo Chocolate Cake Donuts you have bewitched me! Body, heart and soul and cravings. <3
Want to take you donuts over the top? These will totally 'wow'!
Here's how! The key to taking these donuts over the top is the delightful Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting on top with Oreo crumbles galore.
Amazon links are used on this post, see my non-disclosure for more information.
The donuts are not overly sweet and these are some of the best baked donuts I've ever tasted. Thank you ingredients!
The Greek yogurt and almond milk makes them ultra tender and fluffy. The dark chocolate cocoa powder and chocolate extract gives the donuts an extra kick of chocolate, and with the pairing of creamy, delicious vanilla cream cheese frosting and irresistible Oreos?! Oh Hello Yummy!
Just remember, just like muffins and quick breads, you don't want to over mix your donut batter. The results won't be what I've been describing if you do. Just keep repeating to self , seven times in a row...*Don't Overmix! Don't Overmix!, etc...* It works!
Here are a few more tips if you want to read up on Quick Bread Tips.
Another tip is to sift your cocoa powder. It's quite lumpy right out of the can and since it's lumpy, that leads to over-mixing. Kind of like de ja vu, which we just covered in the last paragraph. 🙂
If you don't have a donut pan, which you totally should, because they are cheap, your donuts look professional and who the heck doesn't like donuts? You can make them healthy or outrageous! Just get creative and have fun! Sprinkles encouraged!
You can make these Glazed Fluffy Chocolate Donuts, Fruity Pebbles Fluffy Baked Donuts, RumChata Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts and these Red Velvet Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting for some other options too! And since you're an Oreo fan, you'll love these 9 OREO Desserts for OREO Addicts!
But for now, let's enjoy these Fluffy Oreo Chocolate Cake Donuts! Chocolate makes the world go round!
Fluffy Oreo Chocolate Cake Donuts
- ½ cup unsweetened Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ¾ cup almond milk or milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting w/Oreos
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice or cream optional
- Oreo crumbles for top of donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a doughnut pan and set it aside.
- Sift the cocoa powder into a large bowl, then add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk all together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt or sour cream, and chocolate or vanilla extract. Add in the melted butter and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir them together until just combined.
- Take a large ziplock, snip an inch hole in corner and spoon the batter into the bag, then pipe the donut dough into the greased doughnut pan filling each well about ¾ of the way full. You can also use a spoon, or a pastry bag to do this as well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Prepare the Oreo Vanilla Frosting.
Oreo Vanilla Frosting
- If frosting is too thick, add some milk or cream, a tablespoon at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Frost donuts.
- Immediately sprinkle the Oreo crumbles on top, as many as you want.
You could also use pre-made vanilla frosting out of the tub for these donuts if you're in a pinch or want a short-cut, but I love these donuts with this recipe!