Top of the mornin' to ya! Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Loaf IS the BOMB for breakfast or snacking-time! Made with 100% wholegrain Irish Oats, shredded carrots, chopped pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and applesauce are just a few key natural ingredients in this moist, delicious quick bread.
I was so excited to receive Flahavan's Irish Oatmeal in the mail thanks to a sweet email from the company asking if I might like to try it. 🙂
Our family eats a ton of oatmeal, so of course I wanted to try it.. We use it in so many things, and it is one of my all-time favorite ingredients that I love to use in cookies, bars, breads, muffins, cakes, crumbles, cobblers, oatmeals... You name it. The list WILL go on.
You can be healthy and sort of healthy--I say, when you incorporate oatmeal into your goodies. First and foremost, Oatmeal is deemed healthy. So, my thing is, if I add oatmeal to a recipe, it could be healthy or sort of healthy. It makes it acceptable anyway you slice it. Thank you!
So let's talk about these Flahavan's Irish Oats!!
I received these products, and I am sharing what I experienced with you because I think you'll want to know that this is a premier quality product, and comes from a company that cares about our environment and our health. I know you will want to try it at some point soon, especially in this yummy breakfast and snacking bread!
This carrot cake loaf is firm, moist, dense, delicious, amazing and addicting. I love the pecan nut crunch on top!
Maybe add in some raisins and top it off with some cream cheese frosting if you want to really step it up for a traditional carrot cake version. O M G. I tried it and it's soo freaking good with the frosting too!
Since Easter is coming up, you know there's gonna be some carrot cake recipes for sure! So here's one to get you started!
Now make Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Loaf, make some coffee, relax and devour! Give Mimi’s Honey Vanilla Banana Bread a try too! The aroma while it's baking is amazing!
Btw..I recently found out I have Irish descent. 14% of my DNA is Irish!
I'm pretty happy about that! Green eyes and all! So I guess I have a connection with Irish Oats? Yup!
More Oat Inspired Recipes!
Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-pupose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or (½ cup canola oil and ½ cup applesauce can be used as well)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots , shredded
- ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped pecans , optional
- ½ cup raisins , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and stir just a few strokes.
- Fold in the carrots, rolled oats, ½ cup pecans and raisins, (optional) just until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle ¼ cup chopped pecans on top. Add foil loosely over the top of the batter the last 15-20 minutes of baking in case the pecans start browning too much. You will be able to smell them if they start too.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Products for this post were provided by Flahavan's. The recipe and all opinions are my own.
A leader in sustainable food production, Flahavan’s Irish oats, grown and slow-milled in Southeast Ireland, have produced high protein, high fiber naturally creamy oats since the 1700s. Flahavan’s oats are approved for almost every dietary trend, from vegan to gluten-free, and recommended for wellness concerns from heart health to weight loss.