These delicious, mini buttery cookies taste like a chocolate chip shortbread + meltaway cookie all in one. I love that they taste like a complicated chocolate chip cookie recipe, but they're so easy to make and only 6 ingredients! Can you imagine how yummy? They are so perfect and simple irresistible with mini chocolate chips!
'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know. I'm also dreaming about these Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies. That's because I have already made two batches! We (my husband and I) ate them all. Within 3 days. Ummm...Yeah.
I didn't get the cookie photos the first time around, because we both ate some and then I tucked them away safe. *So, I thought!!* Someone (I won't mention any names...husband ----> Loren) either sniffed them out or found them by accident, and then devoured them ravishly, like all cookie monsters do. I can see it clearly in my movie-brain, him scarfing them down.
So, with that being said, my hiding spots are going to have to 'spot on' and 'out of sight' when I don't get those photos. I've been burned on before several times. So, after that episode, I was determined to be clever from this point on.
So, I made another batch and I hid them and didn't tell him I made them. And thank goodness we had no issues. Whew!!! That could have got ugly...
These chocolate chips were surprisingly better than I ever imagined. I knew they would be good, but dang! I was really surprised how much my husband liked them. He likes certain chocolate chip cookies, so I wasn't expecting him to be in love with them. 🙂
These need to go on the cookie tray or gifted to a special friend! It will make their day!
Here's the recipe! Happy Baking!
Craving More Chocolate Chip Cookie Love?
'Simply Irresistible' Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and set 2 cookie sheets aside.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt butter in the microwave, then let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla to the butter and then add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) scoop dough balls onto the baking sheet. (If you don't have a scoop, you can roll them in 1" balls.
- Use a spoon or cup and very lightly and gently press down on your cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, edges should be lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks and enjoy.
- Makes 25-30 small cookies.
Make sure you butter is cooled completely, or the chocolate chips will melt into the dough. (You can place in fridge to speed it up)