So to start this marshmallow fantasy, whip up these easy one bowl scratch brownies for starters! Then add some sweet fluffy marshmallow cream with some mini marshmallows are used for the thick marshmallow layer and then it's covered with the most yummy chocolate ganache and WOW!
Chocolate Marshmallow Explosion thank you!
Who else is fascinated and totally obsessed with chocolate covered fluffy marshmallow anything?
If you do, let's kick the chocolate covered fluffy marshmallow thing up a notch, because Chocolate Covered Fluffy Marshmallow Brownies just really sound amazing! Don't they?? I think it's safe to say that the marshmallow is everyone's bestest friend in the land!
These are best served and left out at room temperature. You can cut them after they have cooled.
They're really gooey and fudgy....OH MY!
Tips for Making Marshmallow Brownies!
One thing I found helpful was adding 2 sheets of parchment paper to my 8x8 baking pan by laying them crisscross in the pan. Spray with cooking spray, then adding a sheet of parchment paper one way, spray again with cooking spray and place parchment paper crisscrossing the paper.
Spray again with cooking spray on top of the parchment paper and make sure your parchment paper is long enough on the sides so you can pull the baked brownies easily out of the pan and you can cut them easier. Once lifted out, cut the brownies and devour. Who can resist?
Parchment paper is the best and I use it for most all of my cookies, bars, brownies, breads and cakes. It's one of my most prized tools of choice when baking.
For the marshmallow layer you can opt to leave the marshmallows out of the marshmallow cream if you wish and you can also make the marshmallow layer thinner by adding less marshmallow cream.
It makes the marshmallow layer bumpy and you may even have some marshmallow cream poking out in various places with the chocolate layer. However, I think it adds character and I love the chocolate crackles!
For more Marshmallow Favorites...
Chocolate Covered Fluffy Marshmallow Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 7 oz Marshmallow cream
- ½ cup to 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray with cooking spray and place parchment paper criss cross in pay of an 8-inch square pan. You can also lightly grease and flour pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup butter.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat in ⅓ cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-27 minutes. D not over bake.
- As brownies are cooling, add ½ to 1 cup of mini marshmallows on top of brownies and spread out.
- Place marshmallow cream in microwave for 20 seconds and stir with a butter knife and pour on top of the marshmallows and even the marshmallow cream out.
- Melt butter in microwave and add chocolate chips and stir to coat the chocolate chips. Place back in microwave for 30 seconds and mix until creamy. Place back in micro for 10-20 seconds if needed.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of marshmallow layer and spread out quickly.
- Let brownies cool. Some of the marshmallow might peek out of the chocolate, because of the marshmallows, but it’s ok. 🙂 Gives it character.
- Lift brownies out of pan and cut on a board with parchment paper or you can cut in the pan. Keep brownies sealed.