You'll be over the moon with this delicious Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake! It has luscious cherry pie filling, a surprise layer of cream cheese filling, and an easy streusel crumb topping to die for! Serve this tempting cake with coffee or tea for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Cherries and cream cheese together are the bomb!
We are super huge fans of cream cheese desserts! Because who doesn't love cream cheese in dessert? It's total Heavenly Bliss! Don't you agree? 🙂
What you'll love about this cherry cream cheese coffee cake!
The cream cheese filling is swirled about the coffee cake and it's so creamy in each delicious bite! It goes so well with the cherry filling. With the streusel on top, it's even more tempting because it has a crunchy streusel texture and it's soooo good with the rest of the cake!
Coffee Cake Recipe Tips:
If you have a food processor, this recipe is perfect for that. If you don't, that's ok. It will take a little longer to make the cake and the streusel, because the butter is cold and you have to cut both of the mixtures with a pastry cutter or 2 forks to get a coarse texture.
Make sure you bake the cake through. Sometimes when you bake desserts with fillings, it can be hard to tell. If it's too jiggly, it's not done. Bake for 50-55 minutes until a cake tester or the tip of a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. If the streusel starts browning too much, tent the top with aluminum foil.
Looking for more Cherry Desserts?
- Sour Cherry Cobbler Coffee Cake
- OMG! Heavenly Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Red Tart Cherry Crumble Pie
- Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Oreo Dessert
- Cherry Cream Cheese Biscoff Delight
Looking for more Coffee Cakes?
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- Banana Cream Cheese Bread
- 4 Amazing Apple Coffee Cakes
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Coffee Cake (9x13 Pan)
- Best Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake
- Apple Crumb Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 - 21 ounce cherry pie filling
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, unsalted cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside. I used an 8" springform pan and the coffee cake will bake clear to the top, because it's thicker. When using a springform pan, put a rimmed baking sheet underneath with foil just in case your pan leaks.
- Whisk together the flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon together. Add melted butter and stir together. Mixture should like like wet sand and should have lots of big chunks. Do not smooth out, place in fridge until ready to use.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat room temperature cream cheese until it's smooth. Add sugar and egg until it is combined. Set aside.
- Combine flour and sugar together. Add small chunks of butter and cut it in using a pastry cutter, two forks or a food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix in well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt/sour cream, egg and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir into the flour mixture until incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of prepared pan. Spread it out so the sides are about a half inch higher. Pour the cream cheese in the center, spreading it out, trying not to go past the border. Then add the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese filling. Take a knife and swirl through the mixture 8-10 times or so.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of the whole coffee cake.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes for 8" and 50-55 minutes for 9" pan or until a cake tester or the tip of a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. If the streusel starts browning too much, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in fridge
- Make sure you bake the cake through. Sometimes when you bake desserts with fillings, it can be hard to tell. If it's too jiggly, it's not done.
- If you want to make cherry pie filling - 1 ½ cups fresh cherries - 3 tablespoons sugar - 3 teaspoons water - 1 & ½ teaspoons cornstarch. In a medium sauce pan, combine cherries and sugar together and cook on medium low until cherries start to release their juices. In a small bowl, combine the water and corn starch together to make a slurry, then add it to the cherries. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool before adding to coffee cake.