Savor every luscious bite of this delectable Very Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake! The yellow cake is filled with tempting cherry cheesecake filling, cream cheese whipped cream and more surplus cherry yumminess on top! I ask you...Does it get any better than this?
When you think of 'cherry cheesecake', what do you think of? Does it remind you of your Aunt Jane that always brings it to every family gathering, or indulge on a special romantic evening with your lover or maybe it's just because it's such a classic and it's unforgettable?
I always think of the first cheesecake I was ever introduced to. It just happened to be a Sara Lee Cherry Cheesecake! Man, was that good! I didn't know cheesecake had calories until later...but, see what I mean about unforgettable? 🙂
I wanted to make this poke cake blueberry, but realized I didn't have blueberry pie filling to make it a blueberry cheesecake poke cake, but you can use whatever pie filling you have around the house and make it your favorite cheesecake poke cake ever! 🙂
I've always been a fan of the cherry pie filling. Cherry pie is my all-time favorite fruit pie and these Rustic Cherry Streusel Crescent Pies are one of our family's favorites, plus they are so super cute to boot!
Ready to take this on? You should! It's sinful!
All you need is your baked cake, cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed, cream cheese and some milk all blended into a creamy filling and then there's that cream cheese whipped cream (OH yea!) and more cherries and maybe a little grated white chocolate, just because! <3
BTW...While we are on the subject of cherries and cheesecake, you will love this
Very Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
For the cake
- 1 box yellow or white cake , already baked in 9x13 pan
Cherry Cheesecake Filling
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- ⅔ cup milk or whipping cream
- 8 oz . cream cheese softened
Cream Cheese Whipped Topping
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool-Whip non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Optional: Graham cracker crumbs , grated white chocolate
- After cake is baked, while warm, poke cake all over with a wooden dowel or the end of a wooden spoon and pour the sweetened condensed milk in the holes. Set aside. Make cherry cheesecake filling.
Cherry Cheesecake filling
- Add all ingredients to a blender (except reserve 1 of the can of cherries, set aside) and blend all the ingredients (1 can cherry pie filling, milk/cream and cream cheese) just until smooth and pourable. Pour slowly over cake into the holes and then add 1 can of cherries on top and spread around on top of cherry cheesecake filling.
Cream Cheese Whipped Topping
- Using mixer, on med speed, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Whisk in the whipped cream until mixed in.
- Add whipped topping to top of cherry layer and spread out evenly on cake. Put cake in fridge covered. Put the other can of cherry filling i Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, dollop cherries on top of whipped cream cake and enjoy!
- You can also add graham cracker crumbs or grated chocolate to the top as well.
Sweetened condensed milk can be optional.