Friday! WootWoot! My favorite day of the work week! I know I work a 40 hour a week job like trillions of other people, but Friday, is Friday man!
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the week, than with these Ultimate Dark Chocolate Chip Toffee Walnut Cookies. *Cheers* to the freakin’ weekend!
Now, here’s my tall fish tale when it comes to these sweet treats.
You see, I was reeled in, like a poor fish on a hook with those ultra dark chocolate chips , crunchy toffee and walnut chunks stuffed about in those thick, chewy, delicious cookies staring right back at me.
It’s not like I was fighting the urge to bite them.
I fell for them, hook, line and sinker. Obviously.
I’m such a sucker for dark chocolate!! (well…any chocolate really, but dark chocolate is just a different, cool kind of chocolate all in it’s own special little world because it’s not as sweet. I named it the ‘rebellious’ chocolate.)
And remember, there are some health benefits in these cookies. (really!)
The anti-oxidants from the dark chocolate and omega-3s from the walnuts is in there. And you can’t go wrong with home-made cookies, because what’s better than home-made cookies? If dark chocolate isn’t your thing, use whatever flavor of chips that will make your Friday (s) better! Happy Friday and Happy Baking!
Love thick and chewy cookies? I’ve got a few more goodies for ya!
Here’s the recipe for these Ultimate Dark Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies!
Ultimate Dark Chocolate Chip Toffee Walnut Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups Ghiradelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper for the baking to begin!
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using a mixer, In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla or maple syrup and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until they’re just combined and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs for another 30 seconds with mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in the flour mixture stirring only until the flour begins to disappear.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a large scoop (1/4 cup), scoop out over sized balls of dough and then pat between both hands making them rounder balls.
- Then place dough balls on prepared sheet, 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until golden at the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool